• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NBA Draft Thread - No Deacons Drafted

It's a lower scoring league where players play fewer minutes. He was the MVP of the EuroLeague Final Four and led his Real Madrid team to victory in it. He's clearly the best player on clearly the best team in Europe. That's dominating, to me.

If he is the best player, then why isn't he playing more minutes and scoring more? Or are Euros just that poorly conditioned, poorly coached, and/or mentally weak? Either way, not a good sign.

John Collins was draining 3's in workouts last year. He didn't take them in ACC play.

If anybody drafted or did not draft John Collins based on his ability or inability to shoot threes, they are an idiot regardless of their view on private workouts.

If anybody drafted or did not draft John Collins based on his ability or inability to shoot threes, they are an idiot regardless of their view on private workouts.

This was simply one example of a player showing a skill in a workout that was not evident in hours of game tape. Might or might not have any effect on his draft position. Showed the Hawks he was a player with more shooting skills than just dunking.

You're so right. Guys who's entire jobs is to evaluate players wouldn't have seen enough of a player live, TV and on tape as internet warriors to determine a player's talents, strengths and weakness. I'd also guess that people who have shown enough ability to be in such positions in the NBA wouldn't be able to watch a few games to see what a player can and can't do.

People with 5, 10, 20 or more years of professional experience should defer to internet posters.

would you say "guys who's entire jobs it is to evaluate players" use statistics better than you?

it's pretty impressive how consistently you roll out terrible takes on such a diverse range of topics

In that case, stats are misused.

I don'r know if stats are "BS" but there are stats that are misleading - evaluating a relief pitcher based on his ERA for example.

Especially this one..

Thanks for the hanging curve Shorty...

It's a lower scoring league where players play fewer minutes. He was the MVP of the EuroLeague Final Four and led his Real Madrid team to victory in it. He's clearly the best player on clearly the best team in Europe. That's dominating, to me.

horizontalmvpdoncic_3am0652.jpg

I agree....I think Doncic slipping to #4 would be a huge mistake on probably both the part of both #2 and #3. I think he is the real deal. No way he slips past the Grizzlies at #4 though.

BR article today said the Hawks would take Luka at #3 if available. That would likely put them back in the playoffs after ending their streak last year.

Just heard an NBA Draft expert claim that BC's Jerome Robinson stock is on the rise. Will be a 1st round pick. Maybe even a lottery pick.

Robinson is from Raleigh. How/why did none of the 4 ACC NC schools not covet him?

BR article today said the Hawks would take Luka at #3 if available. That would likely put them back in the playoffs after ending their streak last year.

The recent news is Schroeder being on the block has to mean that Doncic goes at 3. Hawks would be fools not to take him imo. You can make a good argument for him at #1. Top 5 picks this year will be very interesting to follow. I predict Bagley has the worst career of the 5. My top 5.

1. Doncic
2. Bamba
3. Ayton
4. Jackson
5. Bagley

I think Ayton and Bagley are more ready early but I like other 3’s career after the first couple of years.

2018 NBA Draft Thread - Will Moore or Crawford get drafted? Find out Thursday night!

Luka is the only one of the 5 who can play in any lineup against any lineup from any team from Day 1.

With all those picks, the Hawks are a good draft and a good free agent from being an contender in the East in two years.

Just heard an NBA Draft expert claim that BC's Jerome Robinson stock is on the rise. Will be a 1st round pick. Maybe even a lottery pick.

Robinson is from Raleigh. How/why did none of the 4 ACC NC schools not covet him?

He was only 3*. Only Clemson gave him another ACC offer.

The recent news is Schroeder being on the block has to mean that Doncic goes at 3. Hawks would be fools not to take him imo. You can make a good argument for him at #1. Top 5 picks this year will be very interesting to follow. I predict Bagley has the worst career of the 5. My top 5.

1. Doncic
2. Bamba
3. Ayton
4. Jackson
5. Bagley

I think Ayton and Bagley are more ready early but I like other 3’s career after the first couple of years.

I don't love Bamba, he seems a little soft. Although his ceiling is a bigger/better offensive Deandre Jordan, which is pretty pretty sweet.

Bagley is getting underrated, that dude is good.

Back