• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NBA Draft Thread - No Deacons Drafted

Vlade’s gone as GM because he didn’t pick the best European prospect in years.

There’s a strong list of players he passed over to take Harry Giles in 2017 as well.

Vlade’s gone as GM because he didn’t pick the best European prospect in years.

There’s a strong list of players he passed over to take Harry Giles in 2017 as well.

I don't know the level of involvement of King's owner,Vivek Ranadive, in the 2018 draft, but it was well known that the both the Suns owner, Robert Sarver, and the Hawks owner, Antony Ressler, were heavily involved in each franchise's decisions in that draft. Specifically, Sarver wanted Ayton because of his existing Arizona connections, and the Ressler wanted Trae Young. While it may have finally faded with Doncic's rise, there is a lingering NBA bias against Euro players as being soft and preference for either US born players or foreign born players that played HS or college in the US.

Long of saying that it's easy to blame the GMs for not taking Doncic in retrospect, but in this day and age, lots of NBA ownership groups actively participate in personnel matters and sometime elect to override their GM's recommendations. There are not a lot of NBA owners that are willing to give their GM free reign to act as they choose.

Looks like most people on here liked Luka a lot - other than 2&2 (RIP) who just kept asking why the "best player in the world not in the NBA didn't get more minutes in the EuroLeague"

This thread has a lot of posters who've taken a hiatus that I don't really miss.

I didn't know this thread had resurfaced. Just did a search for it, read the whole thing, and was pleasantly surprised that there was brand new content waiting for me at the end.

Thanks to Pilch for posting the win shares stuff... Exactly what I was looking for (aside from bad takes on Luka from morons).

Looking at that Win Shares list, it looks like this is going to be a pretty good draft class with several 5+ time All-Stars.

Looks like most people on here liked Luka a lot - other than 2&2 (RIP) who just kept asking why the "best player in the world not in the NBA didn't get more minutes in the EuroLeague"

I hope 2&2 isn't gone forever. His CMCSS rants on the snow thread were classics.

Back