• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NBA Draft Thread - No Deacons Drafted

Luka does the CP3 wall off the defender trailer after a pick and roll move that I don't think I've ever seen a college player use.

I won't be surprised if Jerome Robinson has a very good combine.

Last edited:
It wouldn’t be much of an issue to just let players not invited to the combine return to college even after signing with an agent.

If you sign with an agent and you aren’t good enough to be invited to the combine then you Pretty much deserve what you get.

This is not a great look for our program:

Three underclassmen in our Top 100 who weren't invited to Chicago have already indicated their intent to hire agents and forgo NCAA eligibility: Louisville's Ray Spalding (No. 59), Texas A&M's DJ Hogg (No. 68) and Wake Forest's Doral Moore (No. 91). Their road to the NBA is far from over, but this is certainly an unexpected hurdle. Other notable underclassmen who have already hired agents but weren't invited: Lagerald Vick (Kansas), Deng Adel (Louisville), Drew Eubanks (Oregon State), Terry Larrier (UConn), Robert Franks (Washington State), Mustapha Heron (Auburn) and LiAngelo Ball (UCLA/Vytautas).

I’m impressed that Doral moved into ESPN’s Top 100... He wasn’t there when he first declared.

Really hoping Crawford sees that he should come back and try to improve his game (and his options).

That’s a big move for Doral. It puts him in the possibility of getting drafted and likely to make a camp.

Just hoping he can avoid this:

8502957c739b01d9d9e0c9e4e4c0017a.jpg

(My MS-Paint skills are minimal)

WaPo has a list of all the pre-draft camp invitees. Doral and Crawford are not on it.

If you sign with an agent and you aren’t good enough to be invited to the combine then you Pretty much deserve what you get.

Kids make bad decisions. They listen to adults that may not have their best interests in mind. Why compound the problem? The ncaa has all the power (and money) over them. There is a way to help them fix their mistake. Maybe they sign but can't take an advance. Maybe they submit paperwork to ncaa with a return clause. Not sure exactly what it is but these kids are used by ncaa and since the ncaa is corrupt anyway may as well empower their talent pool a little.

My 2018 hottake -

Caleb Martin is going to totally out perform his draft position. He's potentially this draft's version of Kyle Kuzma or Agent 0.

I had no idea how well actress Jamie Gertz had married. Her hubby is worth $2.1B and is part owner of the Hawks.

You can't define what "IT" is, but De'Aaron Fox sure has "IT". That kid has an electric smile and amazing presence. I've seen him on several shows and the camera is drawn to him and he's seems always to be the center of attention.

FIRST BLUSH DRAFT

1. Phoenix - Ayton
2. Sac - Doncic (but their loony owner may pick Bagley due his love for Hield)
3. ATL- Bagley (unless Doncic is available) - Poor JC
4. Memphis - Jackson
5. Dallas - Bamba
6. Orlando - M. Porter
7. Bulls - Carter
8. Cavs - Young
9. Knicks- Sexton
10. Sixers - Mikal Bridges (fingers crossed)
11. Charlotte - Miles Bridges
12. Clips - Gilegous-Alexander
13. Clips- Kevin Knox
14. Nuggets - Gary Trent, Jr.

Back