• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NBA Draft Thread - No Deacons Drafted

Yeah, that’s fair. Pretty lazy on my part.

Take your pick of skinny-ish 6’5” super-athletic dudes with streaky jump shots, regardless of race.

I still think Thunder Dan qualifies.

You could pull a same-school comp with those criteria and go with Kerry Kittles.

You could pull a same-school comp with those criteria and go with Kerry Kittles.

Except that Divencenzo is jacked and Kerry Kittles was the opposite of jacked. Kerry Kittles was Rip Hamilton only not as good/relentless. Divencenzo is more like Goran Dragic, Tyler Johnson, or Dion Waiters. Basically any Heat guard. Victor Oladipo might also be a good comparison. Took Oladipo several years to get NBA good, which I project for Divencenzo.

Oladipo was expected to be a superstar. He was picked #2. DD doesn't have those types of expectations. I love DD, but he isn't the defensive player that Oladipo was coming in.

Donte Divencenzo = Kent Bazemore/Shannon Brown/Marquis Daniels

You're Welcome

I read Jamal Murray as a comp for DD (on ESPN.com), in terms of size and athleticism.

Murray was a better scorer in his only season at UK and had to handle the ball more, but I see it.

If Atlanta misses out on Luka because he goes #1 or #2 I really liked the videos I've seen of Landry Shamet in his pre-draft workouts. Would be a solid big guard for the Hawks and could run a good PnR with Collins. Get a Center at 3 and pick up Shamet next pick.

Yikes.

Where's the follow-up question about how he wasn't one of the 69 players invited to the combine, yet he thinks he'll go somewhere in the top 25-45? Or is that just too harsh?

Yikes.

Where's the follow-up question about how he wasn't one of the 69 players invited to the combine, yet he thinks he'll go somewhere in the top 25-45? Or is that just too harsh?

less details = more potential.

is it asking too much that the coaching staff develop relationships of trust with players and provide realistic feedback, even if the news is not great?

I guess it is

That’s what we thought would be Manning’s strength.

Not sure if this where this info should go, but the Pistons just signed Dwayne Casey to a 5 year contract.

"Where Doncic will be drafted remains a significant point of interest. He is projected to be picked No. 4 in the latest ESPN mock draft. He remains under consideration at No. 2 and No. 3, a source told ESPN."

Hmmmmmm..if he doesn't go #2, there will be lots of offers for Atlanta and Memphis.

is it asking too much that the coaching staff develop relationships of trust with players and provide realistic feedback, even if the news is not great?

I guess it is

Some people believe what they want to believe. If Danny said not getting drafted and Doral got what he told Les from other advisors, Doral chose to believe others. We shall see who is correct in a few weeks.

Back