• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NBA Draft Thread - No Deacons Drafted

He could be drafted by a team that wants to waste a second round draft pick so they can cut him.

Why? He's useless in today's NBA

He is useless for the Warriors and Rockets, and anyone who erroneously thinks they are the Warriors and Rockets or are beating the Warriors or Rockets. He is fine for everyone else to ride the end of the bench. Maybe he is a late second round pick, he is fine for a 12th man who gets 3 minutes per game, I'd take him over Mangok Mathiang.

I hope Doral succeeds. I doubt he gets drafted. He could get an opportunity as a free agent. He is large. He is long. His offensive game is above the rim and he can protect the rim defensively. He rebounds in traffic. Many, if not most, doubted he would show the progress he demonstrated during the past year. I realize his game is not in vogue, but he has abilities that can be useful off the bench. He will have to pay his dues but he learned the value and benefit of hard work and attention to detail. In some respects he has more upside to offer than many who populate the end of an NBA bench. BTW, what does the 12th man off the bench make in the NBA?

He could get slightly under $600K as minimum. However, he could also get a two way contract which tops out at about $290K if he maxes out NBA time.

He's not quite as athletic as Jevale McGee but is certainly smarter.

He could get slightly under $600K as minimum. However, he could also get a two way contract which tops out at about $290K if he maxes out NBA time.

Debatable, depending on if he actually believes what came out of his mouth on the 247 interview.

I hope this is sarcasm. Doral isn't even close to as athletic as Javale.

Cavs were putting Javale on an island with LeBron in the Finals, and he held his own most of the time.

Last edited:
He is useless for the Warriors and Rockets, and anyone who erroneously thinks they are the Warriors and Rockets or are beating the Warriors or Rockets. He is fine for everyone else to ride the end of the bench. Maybe he is a late second round pick, he is fine for a 12th man who gets 3 minutes per game, I'd take him over Mangok Mathiang.

What a hottake.

I think it is pretty funny he is marketing himself as an educated well-spoken "Wake man" who is into working hard and repetition but is essentially bailing on doing just that for another year at Wake in order to get himself in position to actually get drafted. I don't think he would necessarily get too much better with another year at Wake. However, the act of stringing two good double double seasons in a row would have likely gotten him drafted mid 2nd round which seems to be what he wants. Good luck in Israel. Watch Fauda Season 2 before you sign that contract though. Yikes.

What a hottake.

I think it is pretty funny he is marketing himself as an educated well-spoken "Wake man" who is into working hard and repetition but is essentially bailing on doing just that for another year at Wake in order to get himself in position to actually get drafted. I don't think he would necessarily get too much better with another year at Wake. However, the act of stringing two good double double seasons in a row would have likely gotten him drafted mid 2nd round which seems to be what he wants. Good luck in Israel. Watch Fauda Season 2 before you sign that contract though. Yikes.

Its a good show.

Latest ESPN NBA draft board has Doral and Crawford ranked in the 80s. Both miss the NBA by about 25-30 spots. Doral listed as 11th best center available. Looking across 2019 mocks, it really is a shame not to get both of them back. People are expecting improvement from Sarr and Brown, and Hoard is a potential 1 and done. A starting 5 of Crawford, Brown, Hoard, Sarr, and Moore would have been interesting to see for '18-19. Guess we will never know unless they all end up on a TBT team in a few years.

Why? He's useless in today's NBA

I don't think it's likely, or even that he would eventually sign, but there aren't a ton of 7-footers out there and you look at some of the other late 2nd rounders in recent years and it's a total hodgepodge of dudes.

It would be way more surprising to see Crawford picked.

Its a good show.

So good. Getting a sandwich is riveting. It's like a hail of bullets is just around the corner. Every corner. And then they drive in Palestinian territory and sit in the car ... I think I would chain smoke too if I were in the Israeli military.

What a hottake.

I dunno - I kinda get Crawford leaving in the sense that he doesn't have much to gain, but Doral would be the focus of our offense, get another year of coaching from Danny, etc. He barely played his first two season and needs the reps!

I dunno - I kinda get Crawford leaving in the sense that he doesn't have much to gain, but Doral would be the focus of our offense, get another year of coaching from Danny, etc. He barely played his first two season and needs the reps!

Crawford could have used a season in which he showed that he valued the basketball and made good decisions at crucial moments. Get the A:T ratio better against good teams, not just the theoretical cupcakes. Show better shot selection in crunch time.

Craw had plenty to gain in returning. It's not a good idea for a non-star player to leave after his worst year in college. Had this year been good, he would have had a shot at late 1st Round. By having a bad year, it's very unlikely he'll get drafted at all or even get a good look.

If he had decided to return and had a solid season, on a good team, his stock would have risen a lot next year.

Yes... but if Crawford was unhappy enough to leave a year early then I think its unlikely he would have improved his decision making and A/T ratio as well

By having much more talent, he wouldn't have to force as many plays. He wouldn't have to cover 2-3 guys on D every time. Those things generally make you happier as a player. :)

Playing with Hoard would have automatically made more of his passes better decisions.

:rofl:

Back