• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NBA Draft Thread - No Deacons Drafted

By having much more talent, he wouldn't have to force as many plays. He wouldn't have to cover 2-3 guys on D every time. Those things generally make you happier as a player. :)

Craw covering 2-3 guys on D? Man, i missed that game.

Puma has added Ayton and Zhaire Smith to Bagley with sneaker contracts. In a huge move, they have also named Jay-Z president of Puma Basketball.

Craw covering 2-3 guys on D? Man, i missed that game.

Yeah the games I watched, Crawford rarely covered his own man, much less another defender or two. Guy was horrific on defense (not laughable like Woods, but not good).

Forgive me if I the words of NBA scouts over Ayo ando thers:

Bryant Crawford
Height: 6-3
Weight: 200
College: Wake Forest
Classification: Junior
Birthdate: 3/21/1997
2018 Top 100 Rank: 78

Projected Draft Range: 2nd Round to Undrafted

Pros:

Good shooter, especially from deep

Decent scorer off the dribble

Excels at scoring on the move

Very good free throw shooter

Prolific scorer that can put up points in a hurry

Adequate playmaker

Decent defensive player that can get steals

Good athlete

87. BRYANT CRAWFORD, PG, WAKE FOREST | JUNIOR
Height: 6’3” | Weight: 200 | Age: 21 | Last: 96
Stats: 16.9 PPG, 4.9 APG, 1.5 SPG

Crawford opted to leave school early after a somewhat disappointing season. He’s athletic, can pass it, plays willing defense

Lol, they're clearly just going off of his steals numbers. Hey, I don't blame 'em, who has time to intently watch the 87th best prospect's defense?

There is no doubt "ayo ando thers" have watched a lot more of Crawford than any NBA scout.

You're so right. Guys who's entire jobs is to evaluate players wouldn't have seen enough of a player live, TV and on tape as internet warriors to determine a player's talents, strengths and weakness. I'd also guess that people who have shown enough ability to be in such positions in the NBA wouldn't be able to watch a few games to see what a player can and can't do.

People with 5, 10, 20 or more years of professional experience should defer to internet posters.

Lol, they're clearly just going off of his steals numbers. Hey, I don't blame 'em, who has time to intently watch the 87th best prospect's defense?

DEFINITIVE STATEMENT ALERT!! DEFINITIVE STATEMENT ALERT!!!

Ayo is stating this as FACT. He can't do that!!!

Was Wrangor not an assistant (head?) college coach? He's watched Crawford probably at least 10 times more than NBA scouts. You can read his evaluation a few posts above.

It's all good, though. We all know Crawford's your boy.

It's not that he's my guy. It's that this board has gone over the edge about him constantly. If anyone says positive things about him, the downers immediately attack. If you had actually paid to what I have said, you would have seen me make many posts that weren't positive about Craw, but because I make many that are positive, you guys put that label on me that is so lazy.

There is no doubt "ayo ando thers" have watched a lot more of Crawford than any NBA scout.

Any team that is considering drafting Crawford will have access to (and subsequently view) far more Crawford footage than any of us has seen. Certainly we've seen him play live more often, but they can view all recorded games and the private workouts he's had with the team. They'll certainly do their due diligence before investing millions of dollars into a player.

Not the same for some beat writer at ESPN or SI, who has likely only seen Crawford a handful of times.

Any team that is considering drafting Crawford will have access to (and subsequently view) far more Crawford footage than any of us has seen. Certainly we've seen him play live more often, but they can view all recorded games and the private workouts he's had with the team. They'll certainly do their due diligence before investing millions of dollars into a player.

Not the same for some beat writer at ESPN or SI, who has likely only seen Crawford a handful of times.

Every team does that for every draft pick, and the majority of them don't pan out. Under the circumstances of the draft, with regard to a specific player I value the opinion of someone who has watched all of that player's live games over a scout coming in after the fact and overemphasizing private workouts that are pretty much meaningless as compared to actual games. This isn't the case of some unknown Euro who has minimal high-level competitive experience. Crawford has played 3 years in the ACC, pretty much all game every game. There is no need for private workouts with him unless a team is giving out contracts for the Private Workout League.

Of course there is a reason for private workouts. They can drill him on specifically what they want him to do for their teams. They can also see how well he listens to their people and can have meetings before and after the workouts with the players.

Every team does that for every draft pick, and the majority of them don't pan out. Under the circumstances of the draft, with regard to a specific player I value the opinion of someone who has watched all of that player's live games over a scout coming in after the fact and overemphasizing private workouts that are pretty much meaningless as compared to actual games. This isn't the case of some unknown Euro who has minimal high-level competitive experience. Crawford has played 3 years in the ACC, pretty much all game every game. There is no need for private workouts with him unless a team is giving out contracts for the Private Workout League.

This is an absurd statement.

ETA: Also, who cares whether or not you watch the game live or on tape? Watching (and rewatching) on tape actually provides more flexibility to hone in on certain situations that you may otherwise miss live.

i can't believe luca is slippin down draft boards

It's nuts. Hope the Hawks grab him.

Forgive me if I the words of NBA scouts over Ayo ando thers:

Bryant Crawford
Height: 6-3
Weight: 200
College: Wake Forest
Classification: Junior
Birthdate: 3/21/1997
2018 Top 100 Rank: 78

Projected Draft Range: 2nd Round to Undrafted

Yeah, they seem to be very precise with his profile.

Back