• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Golf Regionals/Womens Championship

How does Penn State have a better golf team than Wake Forest. Am I wrong to think that Wake should advance from the regionals 9 out of every 10 years?

He was 7 over yesterday. 69th out of 75 in the field.

Looks like another season will be ending at the Regionals. When was the last time we made the NCAA finals? At this point it seems like 6 or 7 years.

We can never seem to put together a low round in the NCAA tournament we usually have two middling rounds I and
one bad round and that kills us

we had 3 guys play well today but 2 & 5 blow up so we will be middling.

Rough couple of days. Our margin of error between 4 and 5 is always thin, and losing Zalatoris when we did made that even worse. But to have players 3-5 all shoot high 70s is pretty bad for a Wake team.

We will be at least 10 shots out of 5th, but will likely only have to pass 2 teams to get in. I just hope we make a good run tomorrow.

Wow - this was a really disappointing day. We can't have 3 guys barely breaking 80. We can't be playing 4 on 5 because our #5 can't beat 78 in two tries.
Bae going +4 over the last 5 really, really hurt.

We shot the worst round of the top 8... Ugh!

I don't get how OTC gets a Top 100 ranking in the world, but is only 16th by the NC panel. Don't get me wrong, I think Old Town is a great course, but I tend to agree much more with the NC Panel's rankings (which confirm it's a great course).

Coore and Crenshaw redesign and politics from what I have heard. There are more than a few courses like that on the Top 100 lists.

If we don't make it this year, we will have only made the NCAA finals once in the last 10 years. Considering 30 teams make it, that is extremely piss poor.

Last edited:
Who gets fired first? Haas or Manning? Thanks, Premier Wellman for running both of our historically best-performing programs into the ground.

Who gets fired first? Haas or Manning? Thanks, Premier Wellman for running both of our historically best-performing programs into the ground.

I have no inside info, but I have always assumed that Wellman is very hand's off when it comes to the golf program. That it is the ex-players (especially the bigger name players) that really call the shots. If Wadkins, Strange, Andrade, etc. are cool with Jerry Haas, then I would bet that he isn't going anywhere. It seems that those guys would start to get frustrated with the state of the program, but who knows?

Back