• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Golf Regionals/Womens Championship

Bump this for the women's first round in the finals.

Wake is on the back side (the bottom half of the field went off first) of their round and are 9th out of 12 overall. We have the overall leader so far and last place. There are only five people total under par and Kupcho is -6 through 14 and up by five (!!!) shots. Meanwhile our number four is inexplicably +18 (in last by five shots) and the walk on shot an 81.

Kupcho is crushing it. 3 shots clear of the entire field. The rest of the team threw up on itself. Our #4 is DFL with an 87. Our walk-on finished with a lower scorer than two of our scholly players. Just amazing how much better Kupcho is than the rest of our team.

Kupcho eagles the final hole to finish -7.

I bet they'd play better if the men playing after them weren't constantly right behind them.

the better teams went off last, and maybe the course is playing harder because lots of good teams have blown up

the ladies will start tomorrow no worse than tied for 13th and 5 strokes out of 8th place

how awesome is Kupcho? if her teammates had all shot 78s today, which would be T80 individually, WF would be in 6th right now

Props to the walk on who had a representative round and saved us several strokes today.

right on the cut line for the top 15, which advance to tomorrow.

We're due for a good team round.
It's coming today.

Kupcho currently tied for the tournament lead at -7 through 6 holes

anyone else with a reasonable chance of winning is in the clubhouse (-7 is the mark to beat)

team playing well through 6-8 holes

Kupcho all alone at the top of the leaderboard, -8 through 10 holes today and one stroke clear of the clubhouse leader

if she can bring it in at even par the rest of the way, the only other golfers on the course would have to set a course record to tie her

meanwhile our #4 golfer is +12 over her last 7 holes

still holding on. top 15 would be a good accomplishment

Our #4 just had a 9 hole stretch where she was +14... Ugh. That puts a lot of pressure on our walk-on. She has hung in pretty well today but is starting to fade. Our top 3 need to make some birdies coming in or we are going to be toast.

Doesn't look like the team is going to advance. I assume Kuptcho plays tomorrow for the individual championship? I don't know the format.

Doesn't look like the team is going to advance. I assume Kuptcho plays tomorrow for the individual championship? I don't know the format.

Its not over yet, but looks bleak. We need a couple of the teams ahead of us that have more holes to play (Auburn, AZ St., Okla.) to make some bogies a a birdie or two by our top 2 on the last couple of holes would be nice...

individual champ is decided today - Kupcho needs to birdie 18 to have a chance

team needs 2 strokes on its last 2 holes to have a chance

Kupcho birdies 18 to tied for the lead and get the Deacs into a tie for 15th, with teams still on the course

Lee from Ohio State has made an absurd charge and is one stroke back of the individual lead with 4 to play (she is -6 on the day)

not sure there is an individual playoff

as it stands right now there would be a 4-team playoff for one spot; hopefully Auburn and Arizona State will give some strokes back, leaving WF to battle Louisville in the playoff

Back