• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Golf Regionals/Womens Championship

Women hire the UVA coach. On the surface looks very strong.

Is there a story here? How’d we get her?

Just hearing from some of the folks close to the golf program she was our top candidate but few thought we could steal her. I'm told the factors that led to her coming were facilities, Old Town and that she absolutely believes Wake Forest can win ACC and NCAA championships. I also believe that as a coach at UVA she knew Diane well and probably our players.

Who knows but I am very excited about this hire.

Just hearing from some of the folks close to the golf program she was our top candidate but few thought we could steal her. I'm told the factors that led to her coming were facilities, Old Town and that she absolutely believes Wake Forest can win ACC and NCAA championships. I also believe that as a coach at UVA she knew Diane well and probably our players.

Who knows but I am very excited about this hire.

That’s an impressive hire. I’m sure an ACC program has hired a head coach from another ACC program but I can’t think of a recent example.

From the UVa release, so their spin and her words: "This move to Wake Forest is based on my desire to be closer to my family in North Carolina. Both my mother and in-laws reside there. Myself and my husband, John, have had aspirations to be there to help and assist them as they grow i their retirement years."

Although I am certain our facilities and history and commitment helped seal the deal.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a nice way of letting down very disappointed UVA people. At very worst, this is a lateral move. At wake she'll have ridiculous resources. Huge for the women's golf program. Another great Wellman hire.

There's no reason why wake shouldn't have an elite women's golf program and we've been pretty close at times. This could very well be what puts us over the top

That’s an impressive hire. I’m sure an ACC program has hired a head coach from another ACC program but I can’t think of a recent example.

NC State hired Tom O'Brien from BC.

I hope Ryan Potter the assistant coach either stays with the team or lands in a good position elsewhere, my limited contact with him indicates he is a real good guy.

Back