Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Thread: NCAA Golf Regionals/Womens Championship

The Pumpfaker
    Women hire the UVA coach. On the surface looks very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by deacdixieboy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by deacdixieboy View Post
    Excellent news.
    She's experienced, a winner, and the UVA background should be a good fit for Wake.

Is there a story here? Howíd we get her?

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoneydeac View Post
    Is there a story here? Howíd we get her?
    Same way we got Bresky probably. Top notch facilities, stability in the position, and a real commitment to winning.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Sheís also from NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Same way we got Bresky probably. Top notch facilities, stability in the position, and a real commitment to winning.
    Not sure it serious, but Bresky wasn't the head coach before coming to Wake.

BOT gonna need to answer for this.

Quote Originally Posted by harmoniousmonk View Post
    Not sure it serious, but Bresky wasn't the head coach before coming to Wake.
    Actually, I believe he came from Cornell as the head coach. But your point remains that he established his reputation as an assistant at UVa.

Just hearing from some of the folks close to the golf program she was our top candidate but few thought we could steal her. I'm told the factors that led to her coming were facilities, Old Town and that she absolutely believes Wake Forest can win ACC and NCAA championships. I also believe that as a coach at UVA she knew Diane well and probably our players.

Who knows but I am very excited about this hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Just hearing from some of the folks close to the golf program she was our top candidate but few thought we could steal her. I'm told the factors that led to her coming were facilities, Old Town and that she absolutely believes Wake Forest can win ACC and NCAA championships. I also believe that as a coach at UVA she knew Diane well and probably our players.

Who knows but I am very excited about this hire.
    Thatís an impressive hire. Iím sure an ACC program has hired a head coach from another ACC program but I canít think of a recent example.

From the UVa release, so their spin and her words: "This move to Wake Forest is based on my desire to be closer to my family in North Carolina. Both my mother and in-laws reside there. Myself and my husband, John, have had aspirations to be there to help and assist them as they grow i their retirement years."

Although I am certain our facilities and history and commitment helped seal the deal.
    Last edited by AlphaDeac; 06-09-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Yeah, that's a nice way of letting down very disappointed UVA people. At very worst, this is a lateral move. At wake she'll have ridiculous resources. Huge for the women's golf program. Another great Wellman hire.

There's no reason why wake shouldn't have an elite women's golf program and we've been pretty close at times. This could very well be what puts us over the top

Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    Thatís an impressive hire. Iím sure an ACC program has hired a head coach from another ACC program but I canít think of a recent example.
    NC State hired Tom O'Brien from BC.

I hope Ryan Potter the assistant coach either stays with the team or lands in a good position elsewhere, my limited contact with him indicates he is a real good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    NC State hired Tom O'Brien from BC.
    Good one. Any others?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    Good one. Any others?
    Pete Hughes (baseball) - BC to VA Tech in 2007