• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Van Plows through Pedestrians in Toronto 9 Dead

Deaconblue

Reaction score
A white van plowed through pedestrians, including some on the sidewalk, in Toronto.

Link: https://ca.news.yahoo.com/toronto-f...945e2&.tsrc=notification-brknews&guccounter=1

There are multiple casualties, including over half a dozen deceased.
The van apparently left the roadway and traveled on the sidewalk to hit many of the people. The driver is in custody and alive.

ETA Update: Nine people reported dead. 16 hospitalized, with 5 of those in critical condition.

Driver covered almost 2 miles on the sidewalk, deliberately hitting people as he went.

Last edited:
What we know about Alek Minassian, man charged in deadly Toronto van attack

The post referred to the "Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger." Rodger was the 22-year-old California man responsible for a deadly rampage in Isla Vista, Calif., that left six people dead and a dozen people wounded.

In a video posted ahead of that 2014 attack, Rodger raged about a number of women turning down his advances, rendering men like him "incels," a term used by some groups to mean "involuntarily celibate."

Rodger referred to men who were successful with women as "Chads" and women who turned men down as "Stacys."

The post that appeared on Minassian's Facebook page included a line that said the "incel rebellion has already begun. We will overthrow all the Chads and the Stacys."

facebook.jpg

Radio silence from the resident islamophobes on this board. Seems they're only interested in a cartain type of terrorism.

Radio silence from the resident islamophobes on this board. Seems they're only interested in a cartain type of terrorism.

Little surprised they didn't see the foreign sounding name and assume it was a Muslim.

I am concerned about this because in these types of events the mass murderer always uses a van or truck. Access to these types of vehicles must be what is driving this unprecedented string of similar crimes.

Last edited:
I am concerned about this because in these types of event the mass murderer always uses a van or truck. Access to these types of vehicles must be what is driving this unprecedented string of similar crimes.

I assume you're joking, but I constantly see people on facebook comparing the utility of vehicles and their contributions to society with that of a gun. Things such as "Would you take everyone's cars away just because some people drive drunk?"

Last edited:
Pretty sure he's making a joke, similar to the one made about "islamophobes" not rushing to this thread. If the guy had used a gun, the thread would be 5 pages+ by now.

*I am fully in favor of pretty much any/all gun control, don't groupthink attack me, libs

Interesting (scary) thread:

I am concerned about this because in these types of events the mass murderer always uses a van or truck. Access to these types of vehicles must be what is driving this unprecedented string of similar crimes.

Clearly we need good guys with vans to stop bad guys with vans.

https://youtu.be/tvk89PQHDIM

Pretty sure he's making a joke, similar to the one made about "islamophobes" not rushing to this thread. If the guy had used a gun, the thread would be 5 pages+ by now.

*I am fully in favor of pretty much any/all gun control, don't groupthink attack me, libs

LOL, the Waffle House shooter generated about 15 posts, and checked all the boxes I'm sure you think have the "libs" groupthinking about (white, AR-15, disarmed by black man with no gun). Maybe you're set to 2 posts per page.

I remember when the argument was "if a white guy did this, the thread would be 45 pages!"

Simpler times.

You all don't know shit. I lived in France for a year in a neighborhood of panel vans and they were terrible. Very rude and unpatriotic, none of them learned to speak French.

How the hell does an ethic restaurant get BOMBED and "no indication that it was related to terrorism or a hate crime."

I guess it was just one of those common personal vendetta style bombings? Where someone plans to murder everyone in a restaurant? Sure.

Gotta think it was an anti-Muslim event. Maybe it was an Indian restaurant owned by Muslims, or maybe it was like that Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting where the perps are too stupid to distinguish between Muslims, Sikhs and Hindus.

Back