• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Terror on AMC

mako1331

Son of Mako's Mom
Reaction score
Thought this deserved its own thread. By far my favorite show on television right now. Amazing pacing, atmosphere, character development. Suspense is straight up palpable. Anyone else watching this?

Last edited:
Tagger on the it's vs its out yourself for rep. Because I am stupid, and it made me laugh at my own ineptitude.

I watched the first ep and thought it was solid. How can it not be with that cast? I need to catch up.

Wife and I finished episode 1 last night... Good start. We are both very much on board (no pun intended).

https://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Ice-Terrible-Voyage-Jeannette/dp/0307946916

Read "In the Kingdom of Ice" a couple of years ago and this really has that feel to it. Of course, that book was a true story... I just mean that seeing The Terror on screen helps to frame how ridiculous arctic exploration by boat was in the 1800s. There is nothing that would make me want to exist in those conditions. As Lane Pryce says, "This place wants us dead."

I thought they made the first slight misstep on Monday night with a character's motivations. Still almost a perfect show though.

Fantastic show. The last 20 minutes of Episode 6 (Carnival) were spellbinding. cannot wait to see how this show finishes up. very well done and the visual aspect is great. i did have to turn closed captioning on though to understand all that was being said.

Fantastic show. The last 20 minutes of Episode 6 (Carnival) were spellbinding. cannot wait to see how this show finishes up. very well done and the visual aspect is great. i did have to turn closed captioning on though to understand all that was being said.

Hahaha. I've done the same thing since the first episode. The combo of low talk and thick accent is too much to overcome.

I like to do that on Peaky Blinders but my wife is against it.

I like to do that on Peaky Blinders but my wife is against it.

Same.

I made us do it for The Terror because I felt like I was missing so much.

Now even if she voices her complaints, I can just read the screen while she’s talking and not miss anything.

I started watching this show thanks to this thread. Awesome, well done show and I’m only on episode 4. Even got my wife into it and she’s normally not into disaster-related stuff. Only thing I don’t like (and I didn’t read the book) is the incorporation of potential sci-fi (the “bear”). Haven’t determined if it is their delusions or not, yet, though. Anyway, thanks for the rec!

One episode left. Last ep was one of my favorite episodes of television ever. The actor playing Hickey is a goddamn revelation.

Crazy solid ending. What a show. I can't recommend this highly enough.

The finale was probably the weakest hour but I'm probably just angry the show is over. Probably my favorite fiction miniseries ever.

The finale was probably the weakest hour but I'm probably just angry the show is over. Probably my favorite fiction miniseries ever.

What didn't you like about it? I realize that this thread has basically just been us talking to each other.

This show was excellent but definitely not for everyone. If the genre appeals to you, watch it, because the execution was excellent.

I binged this last week based on this thread and very much enjoyed it; good tone and atmosphere, but I will say I feel like I'm definitely missing a lot regarding WTF was actually happening re: the bear/monster

Back