• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

China Attempts to Purify Society with Dystopian Social Credit Scoring System

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score

In America, the group that misbehaves the most are the credit bureaus. If you think, there are any truly set standards in creating your credit score, you'd be wrong.

The worst abusers of your credit are doctors and other medical entities. They harm more people's credit than any other group.

China's Dystopian Tech Could Be Contagious

Perhaps spurred on by their distaste for everything implied by such liberality, the Chinese government has become convinced that a far greater degree of social control is both necessary and possible. It now has access to a set of tools for managing the complexity of contemporary life that it believes will deliver better, surer, and more reliable results than anything produced by the model of order from below.

Known by the anodyne name “social credit,” this system is designed to reach into every corner of existence both online and off. It monitors each individual’s consumer behavior, conduct on social networks, and real-world infractions like speeding tickets or quarrels with neighbors. Then it integrates them into a single, algorithmically determined “sincerity” score. Every Chinese citizen receives a literal, numeric index of their trustworthiness and virtue, and this index unlocks, well, everything. In principle, anyway, this one number will determine the opportunities citizens are offered, the freedoms they enjoy, and the privileges they are granted.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...inas-dangerous-dream-of-urban-control/553097/

Life Inside China’s Social Credit Laboratory

http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/04/03/life-inside-chinas-social-credit-laboratory/

The system is the brainchild of city hall staff, says He Junning, the deputy director of the Rongcheng Social Credit Management Office.

The bureaucrat, wearing square glasses and a black checkered sweater, shares the social credit department with seven other employees on the second floor of the city hall. The system they have devised assigns 1,000 points at the beginning to each of Rongcheng’s 740,000 adult residents. From there, the math begins.

Get a traffic ticket; you lose five points. Earn a city-level award, such as for committing a heroic act, doing exemplary business, or helping your family in unusual tough circumstances, and your score gets boosted by 30 points. For a department-level award, you earn five points. You can also earn credit by donating to charity or volunteering in the city’s program.

He stresses that “anything that influences your points needs to be backed by official facts with official documents.” That reduces subjectivity and limits penalties to mainly breaking laws and regulations.

Depending on their score bracket, residents hold a grade ranging from A+++ to D. Some offenses can hurt the score pretty badly. For drunk driving, for example, one’s score plummets straight to a C. On the other hand, triple As are rewarded with perks such as being able to rent public bikes without paying a deposit (and riding them for free for an hour and a half), receiving a $50 heating discount every winter, and obtaining more advantageous terms on bank loans.

In America, the group that misbehaves the most are the credit bureaus. If you think, there are any truly set standards in creating your credit score, you'd be wrong.

The worst abusers of your credit are doctors and other medical entities. They harm more people's credit than any other group.

How do doctors "abuse" your credit?

Mustafa Mond is behind this. So maybe that means China really is taking over the world.

How do doctors "abuse" your credit?

A lot of doctors have contracts with collection companies. They send all people who are X days late to the collection company. This immediately impacts your credit.

What's even worse is for people who may or may not realize they owe their doctor $10-50 for co-pay or other fees get charge offs on their credit report because the collection company doesn't feel it's worth their time to call or contact the person who owes them money.

My friend owns a finance company and sees such things every day. He told about a client who had perfect credit with the exception of three medical charge offs that he said he didn't know about. Those three medical charge offs totaled $22. This guy had zero lates on his credit report other than those. It cost him well over 100 points on his credit score.

A lot of doctors have contracts with collection companies. They send all people who are X days late to the collection company. This immediately impacts your credit.

What's even worse is for people who may or may not realize they owe their doctor $10-50 for co-pay or other fees get charge offs on their credit report because the collection company doesn't feel it's worth their time to call or contact the person who owes them money.

My friend owns a finance company and sees such things every day. He told about a client who had perfect credit with the exception of three medical charge offs that he said he didn't know about. Those three medical charge offs totaled $22. This guy had zero lates on his credit report other than those. It cost him well over 100 points on his credit score.

You get six months to pay your medical bills before they go to collections. Seems fair for doctors to want to recover the money that their patients owe them.

Bootstrap Republicans love shit like this

Not a big fan of what the leftist regime is putting down over there actually. Pretty scary for my family TBH ,I know I have aunts, uncles, and cousins that this affects directly.

Not a big fan of what the leftist regime is putting down over there actually. Pretty scary for my family, TBH.

giphy.gif

Not a big fan of what the leftist regime is putting down over there actually. Pretty scary for my family TBH ,I know I have aunts, uncles, and cousins that this affects directly.

I was referring to the bootstrappers who want to drug test food stamp recipients and grind their teeth that someone on the dole bought some cookies for the kids. Some of the same ones want to justify police kicking the shit out of young men by pointing out that they have prior arrests despite just walking down the street. Seems like this kind of system would be a wet dream for them, just cut them off at the computer and no more check, healthcare, whatever. Hook it into a magnetic badge system and really block some access - Put the gays in the system and the baker can automatically deny their keycard entry and no wedding cake. The trannies in there can't use the bathrooms at the park cause their badge won;t let them in. Its endless!

hope your family is ok, btw

He must have taken sailor’s class.

I was referring to the bootstrappers who want to drug test food stamp recipients and grind their teeth that someone on the dole bought some cookies for the kids. Some of the same ones want to justify police kicking the shit out of young men by pointing out that they have prior arrests despite just walking down the street. Seems like this kind of system would be a wet dream for them, just cut them off at the computer and no more check, healthcare, whatever. Hook it into a magnetic badge system and really block some access - Put the gays in the system and the baker can automatically deny their keycard entry and no wedding cake. The trannies in there can't use the bathrooms at the park cause their badge won;t let them in. Its endless!

hope your family is ok, btw

Great response. I would also add that this seems like something the conservatives who respond to the over-reach of law enforcement with "if you don't have anything to hide/don't commit crimes...you shouldn't have any fear of police" would enjoy.

Report: Palantir Helped JPMorgan Spy on Employees
Aided by as many as 120 “forward-deployed engineers” from the data mining company Palantir Technologies Inc., which JPMorgan engaged in 2009, Cavicchia’s group vacuumed up emails and browser histories, GPS locations from company-issued smartphones, printer and download activity, and transcripts of digitally recorded phone conversations. Palantir’s software aggregated, searched, sorted, and analyzed these records, surfacing keywords and patterns of behavior that Cavicchia’s team had flagged for potential abuse of corporate assets. Palantir’s algorithm, for example, alerted the insider threat team when an employee started badging into work later than usual, a sign of potential disgruntlement. That would trigger further scrutiny and possibly physical surveillance after hours by bank security personnel.

Back