• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Smoking Food Thread

I didn’t have the top open and think I closed the lid too soon. Sounds like that’s the solution.

Yeah you have to have the top open for airflow. Definitely sounds like an easy fix. BGEs are easy to get very hot and hard to keep below 225. After 4-5 smokes it gets pretty easy

Looking for semi-adventurous smoking ideas for Memorial Day weekend. Something out of the ordinary but that I should be able to source locally.

Looking for semi-adventurous smoking ideas for Memorial Day weekend. Something out of the ordinary but that I should be able to source locally.

One of my favorite things I’ve made is tsy’s reverse sear smoked tri tip as far as delicious and relatively easy.

Was doing a WaPo crossword puzzle today and the clue was “Backyard barbecue staple”

Answer: burgers

For shame.

Try tip a good call. Have not done that in a while.

Any other suggestions? Anybody ever done smoked stuffed peppers?

I got a custom table delivered for my BGE yesterday. That thing is a monster. Need to go lay down some plywood to get it into the back yard without tearing up our sod.

Probably more of a grilling question, but anyone have a good steak fajita recipe?

Probably more of a grilling question, but anyone have a good steak fajita recipe?

I really like the liquid Frontera sauce you heat up and then let the meat/veggies cook in. Did it the other night. One green and one red pepper, one red onion, and about 1.5 lbs. skirt steak or chicken.

Picked up a 14" Weber Smokey Mountain for Father's Day last weekend. Firing it up for the first time today to smoke some wings. Pretty pumped.

Butts 4 July 4. Right has 12 bones butt rub, left has a sweet Creole rub. Looking forward to the finished product.
253c7b519fd862bb9b2d92c7e7e8491c.jpg

I’ve had a 9 lb. shoulder in the egg for about 6.5 hours now. Planning to pull half and chop half with an eastern NC sauce I made this morning. Getting very hungry.

I’m making peace with the strong possibility that we are going to be staying at home through the end of the year. On the plus side, this means 7 days a week to be around all day to smoke.

I need recommendations for a small smoker that can fit nicely on an outdoor patio. Thanks. I already have a grill so not a BGE or anything like that. Just a smoker. Electric, gas, or whatever. Preferably not too expensive.

Sorry, but sell your grill and get a BGE. We moved from an apartment into a house with a decent sized backyard, and this is my new favorite activity. And the direct heat cooking is way better than any gas grill I’ve used before. We went with the medium size since it’s just two of us, and it’s more than enough room.

I’ve had a 9 lb. shoulder in the egg for about 6.5 hours now. Planning to pull half and chop half with an eastern NC sauce I made this morning. Getting very hungry.

Just read this. Made my mouth water and my stomach growl. Heading to the kitchen now. Thanks?

Back