• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Smoking Food Thread

When is the BBQ festival at Tanglewood? I've got a friend nannying in the Dash this summer. Might want to hit it up.

Forgot to get Q-view today :(

If I were a less even keeled mod, that might be grounds for a 3 day ban. I didn't take pics of the chicken either. I got a text message from a good high school friend who I gave some of our super secret pork rub to. He used it on a brisket, which I had never thought about doing before. He had rave reviews. I love our pork rub so much.

I need to learn how to use corn starch to thicken a sauce. And how to buy tomato paste instead of ketchup. I think I figured out my rub though. I tried two different things and had a distinct favorite.

Sauce needs some work, but my friends had only good things to say. I need meaner friends.

When we were practicing last year, we made five different sauces and had our families try them out, pickin their favorites. We had a good one picked out and the day of Ribfest she brought something completely different that we had never tried before, and thankfully it was phenomenal.

It goes against my upbringing, but IMO a dry rub is crucial to cooking great meat.

When we were practicing last year, we made five different sauces and had our families try them out, pickin their favorites. We had a good one picked out and the day of Ribfest she brought something completely different that we had never tried before, and thankfully it was phenomenal.

It goes against my upbringing, but IMO a dry rub is crucial to cooking great meat.

Actually, that reminds me: I need to add some brown sugar or something to form a little bit more bark to the rub. But otherwise I have that part figured out. Really happy with the flavor from that. This is so fun. I'm probably going to cook most weekends from now until the ribfest.

Yeah, we've got to practice a few times as well to get my timing and wood amount figured out. The wood has aged a year and doesn't produce as much heat as last year.

Wow, 20 so far up from 12 last year. I recognize 4 of the names, but the others seem to have done like we did and change names or be a new team.

What are your two team names guyz? Ribberside annnd ... ?

Haha K. Was going to guess that was them, but wasn't sure.

What time are you planning on going over Friday Tuffalo? Are you going to set up your stuff, hang out and then leave after its done Friday and come back Saturday morning?

What time are you planning on going over Friday Tuffalo? Are you going to set up your stuff, hang out and then leave after its done Friday and come back Saturday morning?

I'm still not sure. I'm hoping to leave work at 4pm that day. Definitely unsure about whether I'm staying the night or going home. Wouldn't be real hard to go home.

I know they're going to have security there, but I dont want to leave my rig out there overnight by itself. I'm bringing a tent to sleep in. Taking 1/2 a day that day, so I'm hoping to be out there around 3:30 to set up before the crowd gets there.

I know they're going to have security there, but I dont want to leave my rig out there overnight by itself. I'm bringing a tent to sleep in. Taking 1/2 a day that day, so I'm hoping to be out there around 3:30 to set up before the crowd gets there.

My thing is that I think I'd be down to stay the night but I wouldn't want to get a tent or anything because I'm not sure how frequently I'd use it and I don't want to waste the storage space or money.

Back