• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Smoking Food Thread

We're going to have a couple of our tailgate tents, so if you want to stay you're welcome to pull up a chair or some ground and crash under there. Last year, they placed you according to the time you arrived, so we'll have to coordinate arrival times. We're going to have a keg of something, not determined yet, and will probably just grill something that night.

We're going to have a couple of our tailgate tents, so if you want to stay you're welcome to pull up a chair or some ground and crash under there. Last year, they placed you according to the time you arrived, so we'll have to coordinate arrival times. We're going to have a keg of something, not determined yet, and will probably just grill something that night.

Chiavetta's chicken.

We can do chicken that night easily. Can you get the rub? We've got the gas grill that can cook very low and slow for the majority of the night.

If you have any large LP gas bottles, bring them to the competition. Since RapidXChange is the title sponsor, they'll exchange any bottles from other brands you have. Its one of the free perks.

I have one bottle of the marinade left. Could get my family to bring more down this weekend. Either way, I love spreading the good news of WNY food. We could probably grill top deck on a Brinkman as well.

Yeah, I think we'll have plenty of cooking options. The vendor food is ok at Ribfest, but I'd rather have my own than pay for someone elses. All I know is we're going to have one hell of a time. I'm treating it like an all weekend party.

If your parents are down with it, go ahead and have them bring down some of the marinade. Joel who tailgates with us will be there with me, and we can plan on doing the chicken on the grill (either gas or Brinkman). Since you'll be getting the marinade I'll pick up the chicken. Just let me know how many will be in your crew.

FYI, Harris Teeter has baby back ribs on sale this week for $2.99 lb. I'm going to check Costco to see how much theirs are running. I'm most likely going to do some baby backs this Sunday for Memorial Day as a practice run.

FYI, Harris Teeter has baby back ribs on sale this week for $2.99 lb. I'm going to check Costco to see how much theirs are running. I'm most likely going to do some baby backs this Sunday for Memorial Day as a practice run.

Do you know if the Costco ribs are self-basting?

Word. I got three racks of costco babybacks when my cousin was in town. Made em all. Probably will repeat that this weekend with my mom and brother in town. Practice practice practice.

Yo TSY! Bad news. Looks like I gotta set up and get out at the RibFest. TeacherFianceeDeac's co-workers are tryna throw us a party Friday night.

Thats super weak. Tell them to move the party to the fairgounds, or that you'll be dq'd if you arent at your setup until 10pm that night. (not sure if that is a requirement, but they do want us there for at least part of the evening/night Friday)

Picked up 6 racks of ribs yesterday at Costco to smoke on Memorial Day. I looked into the case discount, but you had to buy 18 racks of ribs (not a problem), but they were only 1 cent per pound cheaper than the regular price. Discount fail.

Picked up 6 racks of ribs yesterday at Costco to smoke on Memorial Day. I looked into the case discount, but you had to buy 18 racks of ribs (not a problem), but they were only 1 cent per pound cheaper than the regular price. Discount fail.

LOL that's not a good deal. Picked up 3 racks today to smoke tomorrow.

HT has them for 30 cents cheaper, but it's worth the extra money to get them fresh. My wholesaler that I get them from comes individually packaged, but they are smaller than the ones you get from Costco.

Back