• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Smoking Food Thread

I'll probably make a prototype for myself to see how much time and effort goes into one, and see how they work this fall during tailgating. If successful, I could make you one for a wedding gift, or would that freak her out?

I think it'd be the thought of jalapenos sticking out of a head. She has odd phobias. Like disliking Mexican restaurants (NOT disliking Mexican food) because there are too many options on the menu and it's tough to decide what to get.

She is also incapable of killing spiders. SMH

i'm pretty sure this problem is not just isolated to your wife. whenever mine sees a bug that is even vaguely threatening she traps it under a glass or bucket and waits for me to come home, which of course takes 3x the effort that just stomping the damn thing would take. Facepalm

i'm pretty sure this problem is not just isolated to your wife. whenever mine sees a bug that is even vaguely threatening she traps it under a glass or bucket and waits for me to come home, which of course takes 3x the effort that just stomping the damn thing would take. Facepalm

The worst is that her reason is that spiders crunch. It crunches whether I stomp it or she does!

Picking up 4 butts and 20 chickens to smoke tomorrow for the cardiology fellows end of year party. I love me some beer can chicken.

I think the ribs I got from Costco already had the membranes removed. I looked for them a good while last night, and wasn't able to find them. Rubbed them down, vacuum sealed them and theyve been in the fridge all night. Throwing them on after lunch for dinner tonight. How did yours turn out yesterday tuffalo?

TSY, how long do you usually smoke ribs, and at what temp? I want to do some tomorrow and am thinking 250 for about 5 hours.

I keep mine between 250-275, and usually only smoke them for 3.5 hours. Since I use a wood burning smoker, it can actually get the ribs too smokey if I cook them longer than that.

Just found out Costco butts have the bone removed. Horray for meat for the money but boo for losing the bone in flavor. I'm sorely disappointed right now.

Put on 5 butts at 10 am. Will be putting my platoon of 20 beer can chickens on around 2pm.

Ok cool. That's how much I have left and I'm too lazy to re-do the sauce, especially because it's growing on me.

Also I need to send a big thank you to Weber-Stephen for making the smokey joe charcoal pan the perfect size for the el cheapo brinkman

Smoking a bunch of pork on Saturday for the birthday celebration. So damn excited.

Back