• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The ACC - 2018-19 Basketball

Keep an eye out for Khameron Davis of Pitt. He is a Travis Mckie kind of player and was probably one of the only bright spots for that team as a true freshman. He is a true energy player but needs to get confidence in his offense.

I didn't actually realize how much point production we lost until I read this

Include Donovan Mitchell's 2.9 points and the Deacs have lost 38 of the 73 points scored per game. The same players accounted for 21 of 36 rebounds per game. Fortunately returnees account for 10 of 14 assists per game. Unfortunately, returnees also account for 7.6 of the 13 turnovers per game. Who wins this game? Crawford, Childress, Brown, Eggleston and Sarr vs. Wilbekin, Woods, Mitchell, Thompson and Moore. Losing five of the nine players in a rotation hurts.

Include Donovan Mitchell's 2.9 points and the Deacs have lost 38 of the 73 points scored per game. The same players accounted for 21 of 36 rebounds per game. Fortunately returnees account for 10 of 14 assists per game. Unfortunately, returnees also account for 7.6 of the 13 turnovers per game. Who wins this game? Crawford, Childress, Brown, Eggleston and Sarr vs. Wilbekin, Woods, Mitchell, Thompson and Moore. Losing five of the nine players in a rotation hurts.

If the second five you mentioned played a zone... maybe. BC and that five would be way too quick for the wilbekin five.

Though he didn't appear in the original post, losing Ike Obiagu hurts Florida State a lot. Averaged 2.1 blocks/game in his freshman season despite seeing the floor less than 11 minutes/game.

Though he didn't appear in the original post, losing Ike Obiagu hurts Florida State a lot. Averaged 2.1 blocks/game in his freshman season despite seeing the floor less than 11 minutes/game.

Yeah, he didn't meet the 3.0 ppg threshold, but it certainly isn't a positive for the Noles.

Also, Jerome Robinson (BC) signed w/ an agent and is staying in the NBA draft.

Seems like Tyus Battle is probably going to leave Syracuse... No inside info there, but some mocks have him in the 1st round now. Can't imagine he'd come back.

Yeah, he didn't meet the 3.0 ppg threshold, but it certainly isn't a positive for the Noles.

Also, Jerome Robinson (BC) signed w/ an agent and is staying in the NBA draft.

Seems like Tyus Battle is probably going to leave Syracuse... No inside info there, but some mocks have him in the 1st round now. Can't imagine he'd come back.

Without Robinson we may be able to pass BC in the ACC standings. Still think Cuse finishes ahead of us, even without Battle.

WF will be better than BC without Robinson. Cuse always finds a way to be at least mediocre. WF won't be mediocre.

I think we will be better than both BC and Syracuse (if Battle leaves). Also better than Pitt and GT.

I still expect us to be middle of the ACC, competing for a NCAA bid. Feels like the conference will be a bit worse in the middle tier, and I think we compare well with all of those rosters (ND, Miami, FSU, Louisville).

But I could obviously be underestimating Manning’s ability to submarine our potential.

Last edited:
I think we will be better than both BC and Syracuse (if Battle leaves). Also better than Pitt and GT.

I still expect us to be middle of the ACC, competing for a NCAA bid. Feels like the conference will be a bit worse in the middle tier, and I think we compare well with all of those rosters (ND, Miami, FSU, Louisville).

But I could obviously be underestimating Manning’s ability to submarine our potential.

Lol. Hope springs eternal.

Hopefully at this point we don't lose anyone else.

Doral fucked us so damn hard but still no excuses..gotta have a backup plan. If Brown and Sarr make a big leap, which they should, then I believe ATS could be correct that we'll battle it out for the 8 thru 10 spot in conference.

Hopefully at this point we don't lose anyone else.

Doral fucked us so damn hard but still no excuses..gotta have a backup plan. If Brown and Sarr make a big leap, which they should, then I believe ATS could be correct that we'll battle it out for the 8 thru 10 spot in conference.

Guy who was backup plan cut himself from the team earlier in the spring.

Our record can't get too much worse but they way we lose can get much worse. We will be competitive in fewer games which makes me in the will be worse camp.

It's so sad that I feel like a post saying we have an outside shot to compete to be mediocre seems impossibly optimistic.

Back