• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Ultimate Snowflakes

Somebody gave me my first negative tag...I've finally made it! :D

Last edited:
Speaking of snowflakes, get ready for the faux outrage from rubes because Sarah Huckabee Sanders was lit up at tonight's White House Correspondent's Dinner. I might have an ounce of sympathy for Sarah and the rubes crying foul if you actually called out your dear leader for mocking handicapped people, women and their menstrual cycles, American war heroes, Mexicans and everyone in between.

Hopefully POTUS and Sanders will remember tonight when they are about to light up Megyn Kelly, Elizabeth Warren, a handicapped person or someone else.

Last edited:
Speaking of snowflakes, get ready for the faux outrage from rubes because Sarah Huckabee Sanders was lit up at tonight's White House Correspondent's Dinner. I might have an ounce of sympathy for Sarah and the rubes crying foul if you actually called out your dear leader for mocking handicapped people, women and their menstrual cycles, American war heroes, Mexicans and everyone in between.

Hopefully POTUS and Sanders will remember tonight when they are about to light up Megyn Kelly, Elizabeth Warren, a handicapped person or someone else.

She made fun of her mostly for lying.

Based on the reaction from Trumpland and sensitive media types, I guess I should watch the White House Correspondents dinner.

There was even a choreographed Pence-like walkout for an audience of one:

Hypocritical faux outrage is what the right does best.

This dude served under two presidential administrations, but yeah, the comedian that is sometimes on the Daily Show is the "elite." What a phony.

Bingo.

Their entire repertoire is phony/fake.

They’ve prattled on for decades the same charade, now those remaining have become mostly true believers. Unable to tell reality from fiction.

Yep. The whole media narrative was look at Trump! and OMG Hillary’s emails!

NPR has an interesting article about how conservatives, despite controlling all three branches of the federal government and being stronger nationally than at any time since the 1920s, still feel as if they're under seige and losing the culture wars. Some choice comments from the article:

President-elect Donald Trump proclaimed on election night 2016: "The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

With his victory, Republicans held more power than they have had in nearly a century. Conservatives had control of the House of Representatives, the Senate and the White House, and held a majority of the country's governorships. Conservatives also now have a majority on the Supreme Court, in no small part because of Trump's election.

[Yet] Many feel unfairly persecuted by the powers that be in American culture.

"I think that is a difficult thing for a lot of liberals to get, that for them you know they look and say, 'Trump's in charge, Mitch McConnell's out there, Paul Ryan — well Republicans have got everything,' " said John Hawkins, the founder of Right Wing News, a Facebook group with more than 3 million followers.

But beyond politics, Hawkins said, the average American conservative feels bombarded daily with disrespect.

"He turns on a TV show where he's insulted, and then he's like, 'well, maybe I'll just unwind and watch an awards show' — the Oscars or something — where he gets trashed all day long," Hawkins said. "He goes to Twitter and he's got some you know guy calling him in a-hole ... this is sort of like a pervasive all-out attack if you're a conservative. And it's all the time sort of thing."

At the core of the problem for many American conservatives is a feeling that the culture war has been irrevocably lost to their ideological opponents.

Kurt Schlichter, a columnist for the conservative Townhall.com, recently wrote a column speculating about whether there could be another civil war. He concluded there could be one and predicted how the left would lose a violent conflict if it came to it.

"We want to be treated with respect, and we will not tolerate anything less which is just unacceptable for this to continue. I'm tired of Hollywood spitting on us. I am tired of academia spitting on us. I'm tired of the news media spitting on us," he said.

Yet these same people call Democrats snowflakes. Link to article: https://www.npr.org/2018/04/27/606230683/despite-so-much-winning-the-right-feels-like-its-losing?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20180427

Meh conservatives are pissed, they aren’t offended. Not snowflakes, good try, thanks for playing, k thx.

Yep. The whole media narrative was look at Trump! and OMG Hillary’s emails!

On the Sunday morning news programs today there was general consensus, even among many journalists, that Wolf had somehow "crossed the line" and "gone too far". Chris Christie went on and on about how undignified it was, and I honestly thought Frank Luntz was going to cry when he talked about how offensive and inappropriate her remarks were, and how there were children there to hear the profanity. Only Donna Brazile seemed to take it in stride, and pointed out to Luntz that Trump - the freaking POTUS - had said the same or worse in front of far larger numbers of children at his rallies. Luntz turned red, and blurted that Trump was the POTUS, but Wolf was just a comedian, and therefore should have been more dignified and appropriate in her remarks. I thought that made Luntz's argument look worse, not better, as he was basically saying that a comedian should be held to a higher standard than the POTUS (nobody mentioned that, unfortunately).

I think the reason so many otherwise liberal journalists joined in the criticism of Wolf was because of what you said - she not only poked fun at Trump and his associates, like Sanders, but she also criticized the news media for creating Trump in the first place. I'm sure that generated some real resentment among the reporters and media powers that be, mainly because it's true. I did like Brazile laughing at the end and quietly noting that "it made some people uncomfortable, that's for sure". It's amazing that anyone would attack a comedian for "crossing the line", when Trump has basically destroyed any such lines in modern politics. It goes back to the article I posted yesterday about conservatives feeling free to attack and insult liberals, but getting upset and seeing themselves as victims when liberals fire back.

I think catamount is saying conservatives get pissed. Only liberals get offended.

I didn't think Wolf's monologue was any more biting than most of the, let's refer to them as the "post Colbert" WHCDs of the past few years. Hasan Minaj caused a similar outrage at the last event, especially by saying "not see Steve Bannon" repeatedly.

Meh conservatives are pissed, they aren’t offended. Not snowflakes, good try, thanks for playing, k thx.

Care to address the comments from your fellow conservatives in the article? I certainly see a great deal of pissed and offended conservatives every day on twitter and facebook. And you know what they're mainly pissed about? Liberals making fun of them on social media, SNL, and other venues. Liberals calling them names and not "respecting" them. So they see themselves as victims of liberal bullies who are saying mean things about them and hurting their feelings. And, what does that make them according to Trumpites? Snowflakes.

Lol. I’ll some this post up: it’s not ok when Trump does it, but it’s ok when our team does it because Trump does it.

Back