• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Ultimate Snowflakes

No conservatives are upset because they want to use every opportunity they have to rile up the base, pull people to the extremes, and entrench people on teams to the point where they no longer rationally evaluate situations and think critically. Welcome to politics in 2018.

My point was the comedy was bad.

Well, this is an honest and good post.

Comedy quality is subjective so I won't argue with that.

So Kelly called Trump an “idiot.”

Why do so many top officials call Trump names that suggest stupidity?

The Daily Show and Hasan Piker each had great takes on not just the Right’s hypocrisy re: Wolf, but calling out the media at large and Liberals (more Piker on the latter).

I don't get the criticism that Wolf's jokes hit on Sanders' appearance. Maybe the "smokey eye" comment, but that is makeup, not some aspect of her innate aspect of her appearance. She attacked her integrity first and foremost, and in a rather nasty way. But Sanders is Donald Trump's press secretary - what more obvious target to hit? The "appearance" comments come off like projection more than anything else.

At the same time, she did make fun of Mitch McConnell's neck and Chris Christie's weight. Haven't heard any complaints about those. And maybe Wolf just wasn't that funny? I don't know.

Last edited:
They were all at the same after party, including Trump's people. I feel like some sort of group-think myth emerged from them discussing among themselves, and they never re-watched to confirm. And they decided to take to Twitter the next morning and defend SHS to prove that they are above the nonsense, that they are reporters willing to challenge both sides. Because I can't see how so many reporters would get that so wrong. (But even if that's true, I can't believe no one has since watched and been like "my bad." White House access is a hell of a drug.)

Fresh Air did a full interview with Wolf, aired today. I thought Terri Gross asked good questions and Wolf had some good responses:

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/01/6072...sponds-to-backlash-im-glad-i-stuck-to-my-guns

She addressed the fact that people are really pissed about her joke regarding Sanders' make-up (which was really a joke about how often she lies and not her appearance) but no one's mentioned the McConnell or Christy jabs which were dickish jokes about their physical appearance.

Fresh Air did a full interview with Wolf, aired today. I thought Terri Gross asked good questions and Wolf had some good responses:

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/01/6072...sponds-to-backlash-im-glad-i-stuck-to-my-guns

She addressed the fact that people are really pissed about her joke regarding Sanders' make-up (which was really a joke about how often she lies and not her appearance) but no one's mentioned the McConnell or Christy jabs which were dickish jokes about their physical appearance.

That’s a good interview. And Yea, Piker highlighted this: https://www.facebook.com/hasanpikerTYT/videos/412131145930995/

“Making fun of Republicans is easy, it’s like shooting fish in a Chris Christie.” Lol

They were all at the same after party, including Trump's people. I feel like some sort of group-think myth emerged from them discussing among themselves, and they never re-watched to confirm. And they decided to take to Twitter the next morning and defend SHS to prove that they are above the nonsense, that they are reporters willing to challenge both sides. Because I can't see how so many reporters would get that so wrong. (But even if that's true, I can't believe no one has since watched and been like "my bad." White House access is a hell of a drug.)

Sanders looks like she despises smiling, but understands that non-sociopaths do that in pictures, therefore she must do so too.

hint: one of those comedians has a vagina

Through this "controversy" I was surprised to learn that misogyny was stronger than Islamophobia with, uh, certain people.

Through this "controversy" I was surprised to learn that misogyny was stronger than Islamophobia with, uh, certain people.

True. They didn’t complain nearly as much about the Muslim guy.

I listened to the whole speech and Wolf’s interview on Fresh Air. She seems pretty cool. The speech was pretty basic comedy. Crass? Sure but people aren’t complaining about the Jake Tapper orgasm joke, one of the funniest bits of the night.

The big point the Fresh Air interview made was that without the President to deliver remarks and laugh at jokes like Obama did, the comedy is one sided.

Based on the format, in general I didn't find her comments offensive. However, her voice is annoying, her jokes not very funny and she looks like a cross between Carrot Top and Shaun White. So hopefully she's enjoying her 15 minutes of fame.

She has a series coming out on Netflix, she's hardly some flash in the pan enjoying 15 minutes.

She has a series coming out on Netflix, she's hardly some flash in the pan enjoying 15 minutes.

While this is true, my dog just got a Netflix standup special. They are handing out specials like candy these days.

Another thing mentioned in the interview was that they gave out media awards the whole night and the audience stood and applauded for the winners. Except for Sanders.

If you haven’t heard of Michelle Wolf, you probably don’t watch The Daily Show or don’t follow comedy. It’s silly to assume someone isn’t famous if you don’t know them.

While this is true, my dog just got a Netflix standup special. They are handing out specials like candy these days.

I said "series" not a "special". Those are not the same thing. Congrats to your dog though.

Back