• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anybody have a Wake Forest license plate (NC, VA, MD, maybe others?)

Brendan207

Reaction score
Does anybody out there have a Wake Forest logo license plate? I know NC offers one, VA used to, and Maryland still does. Sadly I never got one during my five years as a student at Wake and now I'm out of State. I've got a solid collection of Wake vanity plates going (just regular plays with WAKE or DEACS etc on them) but I have never managed to find an officially branded logo plate. I'm hoping to find one to add to my collection so if anyone has one they're willing to part with (or even if you aren't and just want to share how you're repping the deacs) I'd appreciate it. Go Deacs.

Virginia (apparently now unavailable)
cmQysm5.png

Maryland (currently available through MD DMV)
Wake-Forest.gif

NC (newer version currently available through NC DMV)
plate_sample_36.jpeg

NC (older version that had yellow and black - no longer available)
nc2009wake.jpg

Last edited:
Why does the MD one look so much better than the NC one?

(that's my only contribution. Have only had gov't-issue plates.)

Why does the MD one look so much better than the NC one?

(that's my only contribution. Have only had gov't-issue plates.)

Probably because the people living in North Carolina didn't first hear about wake in 05' when they came down from New Jersey because they didn't get into better northern private schools.

Probably because the people living in North Carolina didn't first hear about wake in 05' when they came down from New Jersey because they didn't get into better northern private schools.

I'm having a hard time following the logic here.

I don't recall too many people at Wake who had aspirations of attending any better Northern schools. Lots of Duke swings and misses but I don't really think I had many dorm mates who thought they were going to Harvard and then ended up at Wake.

But I agree - I'd rather have that MD plate... the NC one is terrible. I was looking at the Virginia website and the Deacs plate seems to have been discontinued (ouch).

I went to high school in Maryland, and I'm surprised they have a Wake license plate. I'm not sure I've ever seen one.

re-upping this thread. If I was still in NC I'd just leave notes on cars asking to have theirs.... in most states it's like $25 to get them to replace a "lost" plate. Who needs a front plate anyway....

Been checking eBay and Craigslist religiously for a plate to put on our TV room wall but no luck!

Does anybody out there have a Wake Forest logo license plate?

Yes. It would be a terrible business model to offer them with no takers. I bet hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people have these.

re-upping this thread. If I was still in NC I'd just leave notes on cars asking to have theirs.... in most states it's like $25 to get them to replace a "lost" plate. Who needs a front plate anyway....

Been checking eBay and Craigslist religiously for a plate to put on our TV room wall but no luck!

I still have the old NC version on my old truck. It is actually only a few digits off of the one in your picture. I thought NCDOT was going to make me turn it in when they called in the old plates to update reflective finishes last year, but I guess not.

I have the old NC version as well. NC deferred the plan to replace old plates due to the aluminum shortage and not sure if I'll keep the car long enough to get the replacement and add this one to the boneyard.

I have the old NC version as well. NC deferred the plan to replace old plates due to the aluminum shortage and not sure if I'll keep the car long enough to get the replacement and add this one to the boneyard.

What does Mako's mom's house have to do with this?

this is serial killer behavior

Back