• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

You have Asked & The Mirror has Answered....

We will never know that buyout. Doesn’t mean Goodman is wrong or right. I do tend to agree with you that 18m just seems completely unreasonable. My guess is that was the extension amount in total. But obviously a buyout after 2 years would be at most 12m and that would be paying the full amount which is unlikely. My completely non-insider guess would be our buyout is more like half of what he is owed on the contract.

But that would assume that Ron had some sense in the negotiations. It is rare that a school puts themselves in that risky of a position on a coaches first extension. That would be a move after a long string of success.

full term with incentives maybe. Manning was 2-17 in the ACC the year before his first four run. This was a recruiting contract extension as much as anything. The idea that we were going to commit to a buyout that is more than Shaka Smart is being paid by Texas multiplied by number of years? Eh.....

Lay-off of the nepotism talk. It’s a freaking development position in the deacon club. We aren’t talking about a brain- surgeon or rocket scientist. Come to think of it- Her connections are probably significantly better than what most other people interviewing for the position would have.

She did an internship in the position before getting the real job like thousands of people do all the time.

full term with incentives maybe. Manning was 2-17 in the ACC the year before his first four run. This was a recruiting contract extension as much as anything. The idea that we were going to commit to a buyout that is more than Shaka Smart is being paid by Texas multiplied by number of years? Eh.....

"First four run" so very very sad.

You have Asked & The Mirror has Answered....

I haven’t heard a single rumor about the buyout in 7 figures. 18 million may not be “close” but even if you take it down by 8 million you’re still in 8 digits.

The smart fans realize the RC had no business being hired at Wake anyway. He was a pawn used by Wellman. A human shield forced onto two consecutive staffs of head coaches who were too much of a pushover to speak up and refuse.

Randolph Childress is the least of the problems in the AD office and basketball program.

The fact that you have never worked in the real world is showing.

Weird post. We are talking about nepotism in the “fake world” where I work not the “real world.”

Still trying to figure out why we should hire friends and family and see if they can do the job instead of just hiring the best person for the job.

And that is so easy to know in a subjectively measured world, right? It must be nice in that Ivory Tower to have never sought to know or be known by anyone else who could determine a future opportunity for you. God bless you.

And that is so easy to know in a subjectively measured world, right? It must be nice in that Ivory Tower to have never sought to know or be known by anyone else who could determine a future opportunity for you. God bless you.

Weird area to criticize PH since he works in the university world

Weird area to criticize PH since he works in the university world

Exactly - everything that PH has said is spot on, and he basically just pulled the curtain back on what is really wrong at Wake.

Exactly - everything that PH has said is spot on, and he basically just pulled the curtain back on what is really wrong at Wake.

Got a question for you RE: Ms. Sutton- If you had to hire someone for your company, would you hire a person who spent a year as an intern with your company, got to know other people on your staff, is willing to work for low wages and has extraordinary (including high level) contacts within your industry?

I think it’s far more strange to objectively assume your family member is the best person for a job.

I really don’t understand your second sentence. It’s weird to lecture a professor on university hiring because you went to college and follow sports. Just this week I got offered two opportunities that could net me six figures if everything works out.

I think it’s far more strange to objectively assume your family member is the best person for a job.

I really don’t understand your second sentence. It’s weird to lecture a professor on university hiring because you went to college and follow sports. Just this week I got offered two opportunities that could net me six figures if everything works out.

My point was that you, as all of us, develop relationships and can be granted opportunities from those relationships, long before anyone could know who is the best person for a job. That is all.

“Develop relationships” is different from being born into the right situations.

“Develop relationships” is different from being born into the right situations.

I mean really. This job pays like 30k. She can raise more than on 23 year olds. Do what’s best for the biz even if that means hiring your daughter.

What you are advocating is far worse than nepotism. It’s making bad decisions so others don’t say you are using nepotism. The only folks that think that way work in education. This is the real world man. Put the candidate on the bench most likely to give WF an amazing 30 years. That’s Wes Miller.

Back