• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

You have Asked & The Mirror has Answered....

We will never know that buyout. Doesn’t mean Goodman is wrong or right. I do tend to agree with you that 18m just seems completely unreasonable. My guess is that was the extension amount in total. But obviously a buyout after 2 years would be at most 12m and that would be paying the full amount which is unlikely. My completely non-insider guess would be our buyout is more like half of what he is owed on the contract.

But that would assume that Ron had some sense in the negotiations. It is rare that a school puts themselves in that risky of a position on a coaches first extension. That would be a move after a long string of success.

Why would we not know the buyout? We know Dino’s now, right? We just have to wait a couple years.

I mean really. This job pays like 30k. She can raise more than on 23 year olds. Do what’s best for the biz even if that means hiring your daughter.

What you are advocating is far worse than nepotism. It’s making bad decisions so others don’t say you are using nepotism. The only folks that think that way work in education. This is the real world man. Put the candidate on the bench most likely to give WF an amazing 30 years. That’s Wes Miller.

You’re assuming family > the field. That’s just wrong to assume hiring someone who isn’t related to you is a bad decision.

Imagine this scenario. You need a ticket to a sporting event that you know won’t be sold out. A family member says, “Hey DR, I got two. You can have them for face.” Do you take them because it’s family or do you look for a better deal?

You’re assuming family > the field. That’s just wrong to assume hiring someone who isn’t related to you is a bad decision.

Imagine this scenario. You need a ticket to a sporting event that you know won’t be sold out. A family member says, “Hey DR, I got two. You can have them for face.” Do you take them because it’s family or do you look for a better deal?

Sometimes I say fine and pay up. That’s not what this is though. This isn’t an assumption about Miller. This is years of careful study.

Under the ticket scenario, I am overpaying for other reasons. Hiring Miller at Wake is different. He’s my top choice. He’s the old lady that calls with 2 Duke/UNCs in Cameron who has never logged onto the internet. I show up at the house and pay her $100/each. There is no line out front since others don’t have the information we have.

Just this week I got offered two opportunities that could net me six figures if everything works out.

Nice to see college head football coaches finally coming around and recognizing the brilliance of Ph’s playcalling after 20 years of toiling away on a message board.

Where will you be offensive coordinator this fall?

what an internet arguement.

I don't think ph is arguing about this specific instance. He is saying, in general, nepotism is not good. Its also clear ronnie does what he wants. Odom hire his son? Nope. Nepotism. Manning? Sign him up. Big donor wants his qualified daughter to get an entry level position after working in the department for free? Sure might look odd or lead to poor appearances. Ph understands that its often who you know in this world. He just does not trust this organization under ronnie to get it right.

I’m pretty sure he’s arguing about this particular hire too.

ONLY PH could find fault in somebody recommending another person for job. As usual he gets things BACKWARDS to make himself look good. After years of covering his back, his blatant LIES and duplicity are FINALLY catching up to him.

I think his classic lie, "I've never been wrong in any discussion I had with RJ" may have been the funniest and most pathetic post ever made. Sad.

Well as usual in Ph we have a person who has never had a job in the private sector, only in education where he sucks on the teat and probably hides behind tenure. He has never in his life had to pay a payroll or match FICA on any employees yet he bitches about capitalism and those of us that are a part of the private sector. Anybody that has the time to post almost 100,000 times on a message board shows they are either grossly overpaid at whatever their job is or not working during the day and stealing from their employer.

A university is free to hire the person they wish and if that person happens to be somebody connected to a BOT, so be it as long as they get the job done. The business world is all about connections and referrals. Use them!

I hope you are correct on your assertion about the buyout.

On the timing, I would expect the window when Danny might be let go to be the days between the end of the ACC tournament and the first Thursday of the NCAA tournament.

If Danny Manning is Wake's basketball HC on the Thursday of the NCAA tournament start, odds are very good he will be the head coach in fall 2019.

NCAA tourney starts on Tuesday ;)

This might surprise you to learn, reff, but universities have to pay payroll and match FICA too

I for one appreciate the contribution to society and difficulties of slinging insurance

Also, let's get this straight. Academia: grossly overpays, unparalleled job security ("hiding behind tenure"), flexible schedule ("time to post 100,000 times in a message board").

Sounds pretty great to me. Why doesn't everybody do it?

what an internet arguement.

I don't think ph is arguing about this specific instance. He is saying, in general, nepotism is not good. Its also clear ronnie does what he wants. Odom hire his son? Nope. Nepotism. Manning? Sign him up. Big donor wants his qualified daughter to get an entry level position after working in the department for free? Sure might look odd or lead to poor appearances. Ph understands that its often who you know in this world. He just does not trust this organization under ronnie to get it right.

You are getting PH wrong. He is arguing that Ms. Sutton shouldn't get a job that she's more than qualified to get. His panties are in a bunch because he knows no one who can help him and those who do know him wouldn't go to bat for him.

Her getting a low paying job is a steal. To get someone who is a college grad, has experience in your organization and has basically limitless contacts to help you company succeed at this price is almost unheard of.

PH is upset he has never created an alliance, friendship, etc. that could help him. Thus, no one should.

Well as usual in Ph we have a person who has never had a job in the private sector, only in education where he sucks on the teat and probably hides behind tenure. He has never in his life had to pay a payroll or match FICA on any employees yet he bitches about capitalism and those of us that are a part of the private sector. Anybody that has the time to post almost 100,000 times on a message board shows they are either grossly overpaid at whatever their job is or not working during the day and stealing from their employer.

A university is free to hire the person they wish and if that person happens to be somebody connected to a BOT, so be it as long as they get the job done. The business world is all about connections and referrals. Use them!

I changed insurance agents when you posted on the board before returning my call.

You are getting PH wrong. He is arguing that Ms. Sutton shouldn't get a job that she's more than qualified to get. His panties are in a bunch because he knows no one who can help him and those who do know him wouldn't go to bat for him.

Her getting a low paying job is a steal. To get someone who is a college grad, has experience in your organization and has basically limitless contacts to help you company succeed at this price is almost unheard of.

PH is upset he has never created an alliance, friendship, etc. that could help him. Thus, no one should.

I disagree your take on this.

Anybody want to explain to TheReff that a university is education and not the private sector?

Back