• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

You have Asked & The Mirror has Answered....

I meant personally but I guess it applies to [Redacted] too.

You meet people. I’ve hired dozens of folks. I knew none of them in 1995. Force your way in socially and prove your worth. This is America in 2019. The reality is if you want to become widely successful in whatever area you want, you can. America is great—and was even before Trump came along.

What is widely successful? I think you mean wildly successful. Here's my hottake on success - don't let some fat fuck define it for you. Greensboro don can define success his way. You are free to define it your way.

I agree w ph btw. All he's saying is entitlement hires are very 1995.

I’ve known DR since Wake. I met jaybone once.

What is widely successful? I think you mean wildly successful. Here's my hottake on success - don't let some fat fuck define it for you. Greensboro don can define success his way. You are free to define it your way.

I agree w ph btw. All he's saying is entitlement hires are very 1995.

I do agree with you that my definition of success may not be yours. I love making money. You may love great bagels. Whatever it is you love pounce on the inside info when you have it. It’s legal and smart.

My definition of success is being as unlike donaldross as possible. I've worked hard at it my whole adult life and am damn good at it! MAGA!

I'd believe it's your point. His was specific as copied.

She was an intern and apparently did well. She had been in the sports and media industry her entire life. Her contacts were everywhere. Not that many college grads would have taken such a low salary.

She seems like a dream hire. Hell, even DR and I agree on this one. That's gotta be something.

Oh and DSon, Why let facts get in the way of a good argument

just asking because you all are so mean to each other. haha :)

I’d say most of us only know a handful of posters in real life. Some of our more prolific posters are more widely known. DR is widely known because he used to post under his real name, which is now plastered on billboards and bus stop benches around greensboro. The yellow pages decline was hard on his business.

Really? You’re a long time poster. I know a few dozen posters and I haven’t regularly gone to games in 15 years.

Well you have to consider some of us have been on the 'boards' since 95 (aol) or earlier. I know a few. RJ and I have had a meal in LA. I feel like PH and I have gone through a lot together, been on the same side of debates (especially Odom) an the opposite. Without getting in to the exact details some of us have been 'hear' for 29 years. I've barely been in NC during that time so meeting others is a rare occurrence and requires knowing where they actually live so difficult at best.

Hindsight is 20/20 and you and Ph can die on that hill.

We would be incredibly lucky to have a coach again that actually knows how to demand accountability, get the most out of his best players and install a defensive scheme that freakin' works!!

Yes, Odom may have come up short on lower player (role) development, but he also knew how to find character guys like Banks, Blucas, LaRue, Taron Downey etc. who lead by example and whose on-court leadership was evident both verbally but through the weight of their example. Something WF BB has sorely lacked for the last decade plus.

Well you have to consider some of us have been on the 'boards' since 95 (aol) or earlier. I know a few. RJ and I have had a meal in LA. I feel like PH and I have gone through a lot together, been on the same side of debates (especially Odom) an the opposite. Without getting in to the exact details some of us have been 'hear' for 29 years. I've barely been in NC during that time so meeting others is a rare occurrence and requires knowing where they actually live so difficult at best.

The signature Deac83 moments I remember were way back when you were saying Duncan shouldn't leave the Spurs for the Magic even though the Magic had a bunch of picks, cap space, and a promising future. And you were also hyping up an Argentinian player named "Manu" as a key piece of the future of the franchise.

I FEEL like I know you guys but haven’t met many. Ph, you’re one of the people I had in mind as knowing more than average.

I always enjoyed you guys arguing, even if you didn’t. 😀

i met a couple of you a while back but don't even remember which posters i met. lol

No idea what this thread spiraled into. Frankly don'r care.

I must say the timing of my last post and with the announcement of RW today is, well, complete vindication.

#ICant&WillNotBeSilenced $Oracle #Soothsayer #Merlin

I do agree with you that my definition of success may not be yours. I love making money. You may love great bagels. Whatever it is you love pounce on the inside info when you have it. It’s legal and smart.

Well, the SEC might disagree with you here regarding publicly traded securities.

No idea what this thread spiraled into. Frankly don'r care.

I must say the timing of my last post and with the announcement of RW today is, well, complete vindication.

#ICant&WillNotBeSilenced $Oracle #Soothsayer #Merlin
:popcorn:

Back