• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

You have Asked & The Mirror has Answered....

I know the new Chairman of the BoT to be a die hard Wake sports fan. I was around him at the 2012 ND game, which was the same day the Iona shellacking happened. There was a lot of anger that day. Don't think he'll stand for any more of this dumpster fire.

I know the new Chairman of the BoT to be a die hard Wake sports fan. I was around him at the 2012 ND game, which was the same day the Iona shellacking happened. There was a lot of anger that day. Don't think he'll stand for any more of this dumpster fire.

2012 was 7 years ago. He has stood for quite a bit.

But wasn’t he on the BOT before that?

Yes - guess I'm just hopeful that being the head honcho will change things.

There's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel

I have come to the conclusion that the role requires a certain alpha type of personality - a motivator - a guy who wins a room - and can fill a half empty coliseum and with cheering students and fans almost by cult of personality. Like Skip.

That said, I don't necessarily consider Skip a classic alpha. Buzz Williams passes that test, for example, but not necessarily Tony Bennett (thus, it is not a perfect test, more a - this is where we are belief - we need a coach who can also perform CPR on the whole program and surrounding support network).

Shaka
Oats
Chambers

Big donors are not on team RW. Anymore, at least.

They still appreciate what he’s done for facilities and other hires, as well as respect him as a man, but they no longer are buying what he’s selling.

At least one still is - Ben Sutton has been slinging a pro Wellman message publicly the last couple months.

When the new chairman of the board was elected, he must not have shared his anti-Wellman stance with anyone, or he would not be the Chairman. The BOT has allowed Wellman to operate with impunity as our signature sport has been left in ruin.

At least one still is - Ben Sutton has been slinging a pro Wellman message publicly the last couple months.

How did Wake manage to attract so many big $$ donors that don't demand winning and excellence as part of the return for their investment? The LOWF disease must be contagious.

Couldn't be because his daughter works for the athletic department, could it? Addison Sutton. The nepotism and cronyism at Wake Forest is beyond what many of you believe.

Last edited:
How did Wake manage to attract so many big $$ donors that don't demand winning and excellence as part of the return for their investment? The LOWF disease must be contagious.

Excellent question.

Couldn't be because he daughter works for the athletic department, could it? Addison Sutton. The nepotism and cronyism at Wake Forest is beyond what many of you believe.

Previous employment was with IMG according to LinkedIn. Maybe Ben can take over AD, then Manning can promote Evan up to the bench and Randolph can hire BC when he graduates to backfill Evan's role. Any other parent/child combos we can hire in the AD or basketball program?

Back