• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

You have Asked & The Mirror has Answered....

Netflix/PH, are you seriously saying that Ben Suttons's daughter doesn't deserve a chance to learn the ropes of the world her Dad loved by WORKING in the AD? Ben has done more than most for MSD over the last almost 40 years. She has a job, not a gift. GTFOIt.

The overuse of hashtags should be an immediate disqualifier for any non-minimum wage job.

BOT at a corporation with investment, dividends etc. is far different from BOT at a university where you swoop in for a long weekend and listen to college staff report on stuff like study abroad and campus dining services.

It’s not simply a BOT problem.

Complacent or complicit?

Both. The silence absolutely makes them complicit. But don’t confuse that for open support of Wellman.

As for Ben Sutton, I have noticed his silence on Wellman—but not his open support. Let’s see that if it exists.

People shouldn't get jobs based on who their daddy is.

Young people shouldn't die of cancer either, but here we are.

In my experience, many, if not most, jobs are filled with people that have some connection to the people doing the hiring. Prior working relationship, friends, associates, etc. Family seems like an extension of that. I don't really have a problem with it as long as it is either a pretty low level or entry level job or, if a higher level job, the person is objectively qualified anyway.

But that's a big problem for talented people who don't have connections.

People shouldn't get jobs based on who their daddy is.

Her dad has given tens of millions to our athletic department. She worked her ass off during college for our AD and now does for a $30k job. Fuck off.

First you admit that maybe it's true. Then you say it's patently false...

He may publically. Someone on our BOT and one of our largest boosters isn't going to outright say "Yeah, our athletic director sucks." That doesn't mean he actually thinks that. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Her dad has given tens of millions to our athletic department. She worked her ass off during college for our AD and now does for a $30k job. Fuck off.

Yeah, of all the things to worry about...this isn't one of them.

If we were winning, would anyone care that Manning's kid was on the staff or Ben Sutton's daughter was working for the AD? Doubtful...

Yes. Nepotism is a major problem and a gross mismanagement of human capital that results in discrimination by race, class, and other factors.

But that's a big problem for talented people who don't have connections.

Yes it is - believe me, I know. But that is life.

When a new coach takes over a program, who do they bring in as assistants? People who apply for the job but have no prior connection to that coach? No, not generally.
When a new general counsel takes over a large corporate legal department, who do they hire for open positions? People they know and have worked with before - again, generally. I've seen lots of jobs filled without even being posted publicly. Heck, I've done it myself - I got to hire an attorney and hired a guy I had worked with before and had kept in touch with. He was local, I knew I could work with him, I knew he would do a good job. I had to interview a couple of other people to fulfill process requirements and I felt bad even interviewing them because I knew I wasn't going to hire them. One guy I liked in interview I have since recommended for another job...

Back