• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Even more everyday racial discrimination!

wait which sentence::

"The notion that racism is solely about institutionalized white power simply doesn’t compute for most Americans."

"People are making this so complicated."

the whole statement is a lie, every bit of it, and you and everyone else knows it

ever notice how Ph cannot win an argument even against his own misrepresentations of what others say? sad, very sad

Which parts are a lie, sailor? Be specific. Don’t just say “it’s a lie.”

you are a liar and you know it

Well I would have put "Current Teacher," but since there is no evidence that you actually teach anything, I thought "Former" was more appropriate.

[h=1]Man says he was profiled, assaulted by officers outside his Indianapolis apartment complex[/h]
INDIANAPOLIS -- An Indianapolis man is planning to take legal action after he says he was profiled, then assaulted, by a security officer outside his own apartment.
Jaquon Dean was sitting in his car outside his northwest side apartment Saturday when, he says, a security officer approached asking if he lived there. Dean says the officer demanded to know his name and called in backup when Dean declined to answer his questions.
“He’s there every day so he knows I live there,” Dean said.
Dean filmed his interaction with the officer, James Reynolds, who identified himself as a courtesy officer for the complex.
Reynolds runs a security company, Reynolds Security Consulting Corp., out of Plainfield and is also a reserve officer for the town of Sheridan. He’s currently running as a Republican candidate for Hendricks County Council.
The confrontation turned physical when two assisting officers from the Southport Police Department arrived.
Dean says he suffered a nerve injury during the altercation.
“I have no feeling in my hand,” Dean said.
Dean was taken into custody and charged with resisting arrest and refusing to identify. Under Indiana law, when an officer believes you’ve committed a crime and you refuse to show ID, you’re committing another crime. But Dean says he wasn’t doing anything criminal in the first place.
“If you’re just sitting in your car you don’t have to show your ID,” Dean said.
https://www.theindychannel.com/news...er-outside-his-indianapolis-apartment-complex

ITTIL that every arrest of a black person on possibly impermissible grounds is an example of racism. Good to know.

You're so right. This statement can't possibly be taken being racist:

"White Deputy says 'Because you're not white'."

What a story. Thanks for sharing.

Buried in the story:

“I applied the first time and I did not get in. I applied the second time and did not get in," Hayes-Jordan said.

After the third time, her mentor stepped in.

“And said, ‘hey she’s very qualified, she’s wonderful, why haven’t you accepted her?’ And one of the surgeons said, 'We just can’t take a chance on a black woman,'" Hayes-Jordan said. “In 1998, you wouldn’t expect that there were no black female pediatric surgeons in the United States. So, this was quite a hurdle to clear.”

Ultimately, she went to a training program in Toronto, and in 2002, she became the first black, female, board-certified pediatric surgeon in the U.S.

Back