• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Even more everyday racial discrimination!

From the Guilford County Sheriff:

m3vpz.png

Hobby Lobby employees call cops on black man returning an item to the store with a receipt.
http://abc3340.com/news/local/polic...he-was-trying-to-make-a-return-at-hobby-lobby

"She was looking at the receipt that I had and scratching the item off on the receipt. And she said, 'Hey, let me get my manager to see if we [can] return this," said Spurlock.

Spurlock says when the manager came, she told him he couldn't return the item because the box was open and that he needed to send it back to the manufacturer.
"I said, 'Is there somebody else I can talk to that can assist me with this?' She said 'yeah wait,'" said Spurlock.
Spurlock says the manager asked for his ID and told him they were calling corporate, but in reality, they were calling police.
"He walks up to me and says, 'Hey, where's your ID?' I said, 'What do you need my ID for?' He said, 'What's about to happen...you're about to be trespassing in the store'," Spurlock recalled.
Trussville Police say they followed proper procedure on a call about someone suspected of writing bad checks and making fraudulent returns. In a statement, Lt. Phil Dillon said "Hobby Lobby did have a picture of the person that was writing bad checks and making fraudulent returns and it looked somewhat like the person in the store but it did not appear to be him."
Once the officer gave Spurlock back his ID, he received his refund.
"This is supposed to be a Christian store... but unfortunately they're the wrong kind of Christians," said Ashley Maddox, Spurlock's girlfriend.

i swear these headlines are like a fucking joke

"X Calls cops on black person doing [mundane activity]"

It’s only now getting publicized. I’m guessing most black people especially black men have a story like that.

Goes to show you shouldn't drive your car through a bunch of vegetation.

If only Texas would secede they could harass all those minorities in Oklahoma.

Got a laugh at the idea of CBP hassling Native Americans in Oklahoma.

Relationship Manager at SECU displays Walking Dead figurine son his desk. Gets whooped up on for being racist.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article211791089.html

The figurine depicts one of Michonne's "pet" walkers on the show, which is adapted from a comic book series by the same name. Michonne is a popular female character who travels with "pet" walkers — zombies with no arms or jaws that transfer their scent to her so she does not attract attention from other zombies. The walkers have chains around their necks.

The figurines, or at least similar ones, are available on Amazon.

Smith wrote on Facebook that the bank employee told her he collects the figurines. When she told him it was "very offensive," she wrote, the employee asked her in what way.

"Right then I walked out of his office and went straight to the receptionist and asked for his boss!" she wrote.

33396197_1952923448071938_1141686565945212928_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/stacey.smithbaucom/posts/1952912624739687

i mean, this is obviously dumb. also, why would he not put the Michonne figurine if that was indeed his jam

It’s only now getting publicized. I’m guessing most black people especially black men have a story like that.

It might also be stepping up because racist white people have a new idea how to harass black people, and have a safe space to do so thanks to recent elections.

It’s not a new idea and they’ve always had the safe space. What is new is people identifying the callers and calling them out.

Vernon Parish Sheriff Sam Craft has addressed concerns over social media posts allegedly made by the driver of a vehicle that struck and killed a man in the Leesville area Tuesday.

In a Facebook post, Craft said he was "appalled" by the posts, which contain a racial slur and show a shockingly cavalier attitude about the fatality. But, the sheriff adds, such "morally and socially unacceptable" language does not constitute a crime.

According to Louisiana State Police, Sherell Lewis Jr., 31, of Leesville, had stopped his car around 3:15 p.m. on the southbound shoulder of U.S. Highway 171, north of Pickering. He and another pedestrian walked into the road to move debris out of the road and onto the median when he was hit by a pickup truck driven by 18-year-old Matthew Martin of Hineston.

It was Lewis' 31st birthday. Called "Rell" by friends and family, he was barber who was well known in the community for his generosity with local youth.

"What it appears at this point is that this man was trying to do a good deed," Louisiana State Police Sgt. James Anderson told KLPC-TV in Lake Charles. "There was debris in the roadway and he didn't want any other motorists to strike it. So he gets out of the vehicle to remove the debris, and he is struck while this is happening."

Lewis was transported to Byrd Hospital in Leesville. A short time later, law enforcement personnel were notified he had died.

https://www.thetowntalk.com/story/n...-fatality-social-media-posts-crime/656111002/

Woman buys bra and realizes an employee forgot to take the sensor off. She returned the bra with a receipt. Store manager called the cops. Cop realized she didn't steal the bra, but banned her from the store anyway.
http://wreg.com/2018/06/07/woman-says-she-was-racially-profiled-at-victorias-secret-in-collierville/

Jovita Jones Cage says she'd bought a bra from Victoria's Secret, but the employee forgot to take the sensor off.
So she took it back with the receipt on Monday, explaining what happened.
"She got the receipts out and was able to find the right one and remove the sensor. I told her she could keep the bag there, because I was going to go shopping around the store," Cage said.
As she was on her way to try the clothes on, she noticed a Collierville Police officer in the store.
"The police officer walked straight up to me and slapped handcuffs on me," she said.
Cage says she was shocked and confused.
After asking what's going on, she says the officer told her "to put both of my hands behind my back, because I was under arrest for shoplifting."
Cage says the store manager called it in without even speaking to her.
"I think it was for the simple fact that I was black," she said.

She says after aggressively searching her bag and realizing she wasn't shoplifting, the officer walked her out and told her she was banned from the store.

Back