• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Even more everyday racial discrimination!

White student at Yale said she had “every right” to call the cops on a napping black student

When I heard about this I assumed that the woman that called the police didn't know the woman she called the police on. But it was her neighbor. A grad student called the police because her neighbor, a fellow grad student, was sleeping in a common area. The same woman called the police regarding another black student in the building a few months ago.

Note - I'm in a state of not being able to edit posts (again) so I just want to point the above post was just for Trevor's quote, not the issue raised within the Tweet, which was already covered upthread.

White student at Yale said she had “every right” to call the cops on a napping black student

When I heard about this I assumed that the woman that called the police didn't know the woman she called the police on. But it was her neighbor. A grad student called the police because her neighbor, a fellow grad student, was sleeping in a common area. The same woman called the police regarding another black student in the building a few months ago.

Maybe she doesn't like black people.
https://thegrio.com/2018/05/10/sarah-braasch-yale-grad-student/

Braasch continued:
“I was placed on the pro-slavery side of the argument. I remember spending many an hour in the local public library poring over Time Life books… And then I had a eureka moment. Some—not many, but some—of the slaves didn’t want to stop being slaves. A small number wanted to remain with their owners or return even after being freed. I knew I had just won the debate. And indeed, I did. I led our team to victory. The pro-slavery contingent defeated the abolitionists because, in a democracy, in the land of the free, who are we to tell people that they can’t be slaves if they want to be? Who are we to tell someone that she has to be free? Who are we to tell someone that she has to be regarded as fully human?”

[h=3]4. She is against hate crime legislation[/h] From a 2011 blog post on Patheos : “Hate crimes legislation is stupid. Seriously stupid. Abominably stupid. I hate hate crimes legislation. But, I love hate speech. Hate crimes legislation has a chilling effect on free speech and freedom of association.”

And today's white people call the cops on black people for no reason:
http://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...-bbq-confrontation-at-lake-merritt/1170499558

---------
OAKLAND (KRON) - A family's weekend barbecue outing at a popular East Bay spot had the potential of turning seriously ugly.
Police were called in because of a dispute about where people can set up their charcoal grills.
"This is exactly what is the problem with Oakland today. This lady wants to sit here and call the police on them for having a barbeque at the lake as if this is not normal," said Michelle Snider.
Snider used her cellphone to record the woman you see on the video who called Oakland police because she said "it is illegal to have a charcoal grill in the park here."
The incident happened a couple of weeks ago at Lake Merritt in Oakland.
Snider's husband Kenzie Smith says he and a friend were setting up for a weekend cookout like they have done for decades with their families when he says they were approached by the woman in the video.
"She said that we were trespassing, we were not welcome, and then she turned back around and said, 'ya'll going to jail,'" said Smith.
"I think we need to question the policies that made this woman think woman feel she had the right to harass people," said Snider.
According to an official Oakland Park and Rec map of Lake Merritt, there are six designated barbecue locations, three stationary charcoal locations, and three non-charcoal portable grill locations.
Smith and Snider were charcoal grilling in a non-charcoal grilling location.
"I have seen people barbecue with charcoal for years," said Smith.
It's against the rules, but is it a crime?
"I think it is really incumbent on all of us that when we call police, it is for emergency purposes," said Oakland City Councilmember Lynette Gibson McElhaney.
McElhaney suggests other options instead of calling the police in this situation.
"I want to encourage people to know when to call the police, when to raise a question of regulations with the city council, maybe there is a passive way to reach out to us," McElhaney added.
Oakland mayoral candidate Cat Brooks looks at the situation from a different angle.
"When you engage law enforcement in these kinds of things you are opening the door for things to go very wrong, the potential for arrests like in Philadelphia with those two black men or worse physical assault or death and I don't believe in this day and age that white folks don't know that," said Brooks.
However, this case did not get out of hand.
Oakland police did arrive and both parties claimed they were being harassed.
Officers took a police report.
No citations were given and no arrests were made.
Smith was allowed to continue his weekend family barbecue by the lake like he says since he was a child.
"Honestly I want some kind of awareness. We need to be able to talk about this in an open forum," said Smith.
And if that happens, it could be the beginning of building a better community.

-------

She called the cops on black people in Oakland for trying to have a cookout.

Goodness that officer is one big dude.

Dc2SepHU0AEuMcw.jpg:large

White people are running fucking wild right now. Jesus. So far we are calling the police on black people for:
1. Ordering plastic utencils at Wafflehouse
2. Putting luggage in the trunk
3. Waiting at Starbucks
4. Sleeping on a dorm lounge couch

White people are running fucking wild right now. Jesus. So far we are calling the police on black people for:
3. Waiting at Starbucks

Don't forget cooking out on a charcoal grill, moving into an apartment, shopping for prom, and a few others I'm sure I'll remember. And this is just in the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:
3. Waiting at Starbucks

You are one dumb ass Motherfucker, yo

Don't forget cooking out on a charcoal grill, moving into an apartment, shopping for prom, and a few others I'm sure I'll remember. And this is just in the last 2 weeks.

timely appearance on my feed:

I hadn't heard of reading CS Lewis while black. Geez.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-c-s-lewis-in-his-car/?utm_term=.1707b0f4ec2e

Dauphin, 33, a former high school English teacher, had decided to relax last week with a few books at Stonehaven Wharf, a parking lot for fishing boats that’s frequented by tourists to the Canadian province of New Brunswick. He sat inside his Volkswagen Golf hatchback watching the waves and poring over “Mere Christianity” by C.S. Lewis and another book by theologian Timothy Keller.

As he drove home afterward, Dauphin recounted on Instagram, an officer with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police pulled him over, saying someone nearby had called authorities “because … a suspicious black man in a white car was parked at the Wharf for a couple hours. My response, Really? I was just reading a book

3. Waiting at Starbucks

Why's a 34 year old 1) living in a dorm 2) sleeping on the couch?

The woman who called the cops has two engineering degrees and is working on a philosophy PhD. Get a life, lady

Can't use cash to get a money order either.

http://fox2now.com/2018/05/08/schnu...claims-racial-bias-over-money-order-denial/ST. LOUIS - A local man and his girlfriend say they were denied a money order at an area Schnucks store because they are black and a store employee was eventually fired as a result.
The man, Kellen Hill, said the incident occurred Monday morning at the Schnucks Concord Center in south St. Louis.
Hill posted three videos of the incident on Facebook; his post saying, in part, “It’s really sad that you can’t be black and buy a money order without being accused of fraud.”
Hill said he went into the Schnucks earlier in the day to obtain a money order worth $1,100 to pay for rent. The employees working at the time told him he couldn't use a debit card to get the money order and to come back with cash. Employees voiced concerns over possible fraud.
A Schnucks spokeswoman confirmed Schnucks has reported several recent cases of money order fraud to U.S. Postal Inspectors. People had been using debit cards and out of state licenses (particularly Florida licenses) as part of a scam, she said.
Hill left the store, got the cash, and returned with his girlfriend. This time, his girlfriend went into the store—with the cash—and requested a money order. She was denied.
Hill, who says he recently moved to the area from Miami, went into the store with his phone and began recording the employee who denied them service. Other Schnucks customers came to their aid and also questioned why Hill and his girlfriend were being denied a money order.

There's a lot going on in this article...could very well be on the fascism thread. I don't particularly remember the NRA being up in arms defending this guy either? Funny that...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ew-black-identity-extremists-fbi-surveillance

Indeed:
The government’s own crime data has largely undermined the notion of a growing threat from a “black identity extremist” [BIE] movement, a term invented by law enforcement. In addition to an overall decline in police deaths, most individuals who shoot and kill officers are white men, and white supremacists have been responsible for nearly 75% of deadly extremist attacks since 2001.

People who kill cops are disproportionately white men. The people cops kill, beat, incarcerate are disproportionately black men.

Back