• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Even more everyday racial discrimination!

I see where you're coming from, but we live in a world where people can get people fired or even killed in a heartbeat with xenophobic complaints. Doxing is a counterbalance that hopefully discourages such behavior.

So being an asshole to someone you'll never interact with from a thousand miles away in an attempt to ruin his life/business is something we should feel good about ?

So being an asshole to someone you'll never interact with from a thousand miles away in an attempt to ruin his life/business is something we should feel good about ?

No. It's a counterbalance to discourage people from being dangerous assholes.

So do you dox dangerous assholes or just condone it ? Seems like you should participate if it achieves such a noble end.

And I'm asking this of someone who's particularly vulnerable to doxing in today's culture, whether you deserve it or not (you don't) (and neither do I).

I'm more against it due to the often wrong identification. Like with the Boston Marathon bombing, or when people got the right name but the wrong person and they start receiving death threats.

I see where you're coming from, but we live in a world where people can get people fired or even killed in a heartbeat with xenophobic complaints. Doxing is a counterbalance that hopefully discourages such behavior.

Everything is justifiable or can be rationalized away when fighting for social justice.

Apparently no bridge is too far when promoting liberal or progressive ideology.

Everything is justifiable or can be rationalized away when fighting for social justice.

Apparently no bridge is too far when promoting liberal or progressive ideology.

I know your comment is specific to PhDeac, but right wing hate groups have undertaken some of the most despicable doxxing actions on record.

I thought “freedom and justice for all” was American ideology. Thanks for the correction, Angus.

Something must have snapped with that Schlossberg dude. I'd expect someone with an office in midtown Manhattan to be well adjusted to people speaking Spanish, or any language. The "about" page on his website says he's fluent in Spanish. https://www.aaronschlossberglaw.com/About/Aaron-M-Schlossberg.shtml

Turns out he didn't snap, he's just an asshole. Sorry if this is perceived as participating in doxxing but the genie is out of the bottle.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article...ailing-against-foreigners-outside-trump-tower

it's not perceived as doxxing, it is doxxing. there's no 'falsely' implied in the term.

Look up the definition of doxxing. Actually I'll help you. Here's the Google answer:

dox
däks/Submit
verbinformal
gerund or present participle: doxxing
search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent.
"hackers and online vigilantes routinely dox both public and private figures"

Posting a vice article isn't searching for and publishing private information. It's quite public at this point.

Do the bar association canons of ethics covers such actions?

EDIT: CNN is reporting Jeff Sessions just named Schlossberg to be the Deputy AG for Immigration.

Look up the definition of doxxing. Actually I'll help you. Here's the Google answer:

Posting a vice article isn't searching for and publishing private information. It's quite public at this point.

i would say broadcasting his place of employment counts, not sure what you're arguing.

Do the bar association canons of ethics covers such actions?

EDIT: CNN is reporting Jeff Sessions just named Schlossberg to be the Deputy AG for Immigration.

I't pretty hard to dox someone on a message board who has held themselves out publicly as an author and sent out copies of a manuscript with his name on it, solicited others on the board for multiple business opportunities, used some variant of his name as his handle, and sought out meetings with other posters on the message board.

You mean his Facebook page and Yelp? Are those private?

i mean the guy was basically anonymous with a business and now the planet knows everything about him. it's really dumb to claim he was a public person because he had a business webpage

the argument isn't was whether or not he was doxxed (he was), it's whether we should feel bad about it

I think it is pretty surprising to find out that he is a Trump supporter. I mean, he is like the total opposite of what liberals think that Trump supporters are like. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How much expectation of privacy is reasonable if one is making public scenes loudly insulting others with xenophobic ranting?

The moral of this thread is that apparently Donald Trump can act like Donald Trump without consequence, but it doesn't mean that you can act like Donald Trump without consequence.

People like that are terrible and I would fire them immediately. It is a symptom of instability and adolescence. So what, I can’t travel to another country unless I am fluent in that language?

This country is going to shit, fast.

Thanks Trump

[h=1]Starbucks apologizes to Latino customer for racial slur written on his drink cup[/h]https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/05/17/starbucks-accused-racism-again-hispanic-mans-drink-order-had-racial-slur/619842002/

A Latino man says that when he received his drink order at a Starbucks coffee store in a Los Angeles suburb, it came with a racial slur written on it.
On a label indicating the customer's name, the word "Beaner" was typed.

18-starbucks-beaner.w710.h473.jpg

Back