• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Even more everyday racial discrimination!

There are too many of these to post on a daily basis. Sometimes I just sigh and move on after reading them and it hurts to much to share them. But this one takes the cake. Meet #PermitPatty, the spiritual sister of #BBQBecky.

https://mashable.com/2018/06/24/permit-patty-oakland/#V2YKe4T5Ziqp

Another month, another phone-wielding woman from Oakland gone viral.

In May, the world was introduced to "BBQ Becky," an Oakland woman who called the police on two black men grilling without a permit. Now, we've found her successor in "Permit Patty."
A video circulated online on Saturday showing an angry woman on the phone, allegedly with the police, because an 8-year-old girl was selling water on a sidewalk.
The internet quickly dubbed the woman, whose real name is apparently Alison Ettel, "Permit Patty" — and since the video was uploaded, a lot more has happened. Here's everything you need to know about the events that transpired.

------

Long story short, the internet finds out that this lady who is mad about an 8 year old girl selling water without a permit runs a business that sells cannabis edibles for pets, a business that isn't all the way legal.

The 8-year old girl was trying to pull herself up by her bootstraps and make some money to save for a trip to Disneyland and this lady tried to tear her down.

my daughter attends a very diverse public middle school, where she has a group of diverse friends. She won the year end science award. A moment in time that she should be able to enjoy.As soon as she sits down from receiving the award, she hears the comment "classic white girl" from the group behind her.

It's not like she was called a mayonnaise monster or anything.

you are absolutely correct, I will let her know you told her to she should just shrug it off, thank you.

I guess is was the denim clamdiggers that gave her away

I don't want to sound like I am making light of a serious issue but why is it always the dumpiest white women doing this shit? Maybe they should put down the donuts, get to the gym, and then they'll be less hateful people.

you are absolutely correct, I will let her know you told her to she should just shrug it off, thank you.

Do you acknowledge that minorities face racism? I haven’t see you do so.

I thought this one was pretty terrible:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5848525/White-man-asking-black-woman-daughter-bathed-getting-hotel-pool-sparks-outrage.html

A white man accosted a black family at a high end California hotel on Monday and questioned whether they bathed when they tried to get in the pool.

A video posted on Wednesday by Carle Wheeler shows the woman, her mother and daughter in pure disbelief at the audacity of the man while at the Westin Hotel in Pasadena, California.

'The man asked if me and my little girl had showered before getting into the pool because people carry diseases into the pools and he doesn't want the health department to shut the pool down,' Wheeler said in the video caption.

Trump just named the man to Chair the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ.

Saw another video where a man blocked the entrance to an apartment complex in Atlanta because there was no way the black lady doctor in the car behind him belonged there.

Well this could go pretty much anywhere but I suppose fits best here. Woman berates a Mexican man and his mother doing landscaping by invoking trump words and calling them illegals, rapists and criminals.

https://youtu.be/eWKgsDr8-OM

I don't want to sound like I am making light of a serious issue but why is it always the dumpiest white women doing this shit? Maybe they should put down the donuts, get to the gym, and then they'll be less hateful people.

ITK has a point.

Good news is that policemen in GA and PA have been charged with murder when shooting unarmed black men fleeing the scene.

Good news is that policemen in GA and PA have been charged with murder when shooting unarmed black men fleeing the scene.

First step in the right direction, but as Shaun King says, “arrest isn’t conviction.” Let’s hope these policemen are held accountable.

Hey minorities, hurry up and outnumber white people already.

Back