• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tourney Women's Golf

Emilia birdies and we're clear of Clemson by a shot. Only a shot behind Washington as well.

15 and 17 are two of the easiest 4 holes on the course

16 and 18 are two of the hardest

currently 1 stroke up on Clemson but they get 5 cracks at 15

Wow. Two or three more birdies from Kupcho would do wonders.

Mai doubles 18, but Kupcho birdies 15 and 16 on cue.

and Kupcho gets two birdies to get those strokes right back

Ouch.
Mai just double bogied 18.
We went from a stroke ahead of Clemson to a stroke behind.
Pressures on for more birdies and also hoping for a Clempson collapse.

Kupcho is already the GOAT Wake women's golfer right? Medalist at last year's regionals, second place in NCAAs (tripled 17 to lose), closing in on medalist at this year's, two lowest stroke averages in Wake history (last year and this year).

Ouch.
Mai just double bogied 18.
We went from a stroke ahead of Clemson to a stroke behind.
Pressures on for more birdies and also hoping for a Clempson collapse.

Looks like I'm a bit slow. Kupcho to save the day.
Now, just hang on.

Getting in at -10 will be very iffy. If we can get to -11 or -12 I will feel pretty good.

Getting in at -10 will be very iffy. If we can get to -11 or -12 I will feel pretty good.

Clemson has played #15-#18 at -9 over the first two days

they're -9 for the entire tournament, so...

even for every other hole combined

-9 for the holes they are about to play; granted, now they are playing to advance...

Last edited:
Clemson has played #15-#18 at -9 over the first two days

they're -9 for the entire tournament, so...

even for every other hole combined

-9 for the holes they are about to play; granted, now they are playing to advance...

Yikes great insight. I don't feel so good then.

I don't know what is more amazing between: 1) Wake finishing outside the top 5 with the medalist who basically ran laps around the competition or 2) Wake nearly making the top five with a walk on at the fifth spot.

Kinda shitty that FSU gets to play at their home course as the seven seed in the region.

look at combined scores for golfers 2-4 for the top finishers:

FSU -11
Bama -11
FU -4
Zona -8
Wash +2
Clem -2
WFU +10

having a walk-on didn't kill us; #s 2-4 just flat did not play well enough

Ugh, after playing great all day we choke on the last two holes... Our 2/3/4 are +6 on those two holes!

look at combined scores for golfers 2-4 for the top finishers:

FSU -11
Bama -11
FU -4
Zona -8
Wash +2
Clem -2
WFU +10

having a walk-on didn't kill us; #s 2-4 just flat did not play well enough

This may be true but other teams have that 5th player who can be counted on to cut one of the others when needed. Look at Clemson right now, their #5 is cutting their worst score by 3 shots - those 3 shots are the difference between them qualifying and not qualifying right now.

Back