• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's the latest on Wolford and the Jets?

The NYJ are asking for a fourth Rd pick for Teddy. The price will rise if a starter goes down before the trade deadline.

That is one of three potential scenarios for Wolford after the fourth preseason game.
Practice squad
3rd QB, with either Bridgewater or McCown traded or released
Cut and back at Barclays Monday a week.

I believe Terrell Pryor is still on their roster as a WR, could be their emergency QB. hope not

John could have an ideal situation.
Work on Wall Street during the week and play for the Jets on the weekend.
If anyone can do it, he can.

My understanding is that Wolford has not left Winston. He ain't up in NYC with Barclays.

Yeaaah it’s not 1965 anymore. This isn’t how professional sports operate.

That sounds miserable.

The NYJ are asking for a fourth Rd pick for Teddy. The price will rise if a starter goes down before the trade deadline.

Teddy should be worth more than a fourth rd pick. I wouldn't mind the panthers grabbing him at that rate.

How has he performed in the preseason?

Bridgewater? Pretty damn good, he has to be the top target for anyone needing a starter or high-level backup. I was thinking the Jets would try to get at least a second round pick for him - his value is not going to be higher than the next two weeks, I don't see any scenario where they don't trade him. Darnold is clearly the starter from Day 1, and while McCown is cool being the veteran mentor/backup, Bridgewater is in what should be his prime and should not want or need to take that role.

Isn't Wolford's situation with the Jets as a human tackling dummy at QB in the fourth preseason game similar to what Riley Skinner turned down ?

Isn't Wolford's situation with the Jets as a human tackling dummy at QB in the fourth preseason game similar to what Riley Skinner turned down ?

He will also help the Jets figure out who are their receivers and who are the deceivers.

giphy.gif

Teddy should be worth more than a fourth rd pick. I wouldn't mind the panthers grabbing him at that rate.

This is what's crazy about the NFL. Teddy could be a starting QB in some places. A 4th round pick is a guess.

This sounds like a feel good sports movie starring Mark wahlberg that would be terrible but I would still go see and secretly love it.

Work 15 hours a day during the week and dedicate your whole weekend to football. Yeah, no thanks.

Work 15 hours a day during the week and dedicate your whole weekend to football. Yeah, no thanks.

If he lives in the NY Metro Area, he might need another job. Base pay for NFL practice players is $7600/week they are on the squad.

This sounds like a feel good sports movie starring Mark wahlberg that would be terrible but I would still go see and secretly love it.

The screenplay is in the works now..............just in case.

7600/week? So after taxes, one week on the squad will pay for 2-4 months of rent. I don't get your point. If he's on the squad the whole season, he's looking at around 130K in income before taxes. That is, ugh, more than enough to live here.

Back