• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's the latest on Wolford and the Jets?

The NFL is Darwinism. He can always put on a resume that he played in the league.

Sounds like Wolford should have stayed in school for another year.

They needed a QB on their practice squad and want the best one they can get. Webb was apparently set up to be the backup/heir to Eli's position for the immediate future before they cut him. Not sure that this really reflects poorly on the Jets, they took the opportunity to upgrade the position and did so.

Except Webb was released on Sunday and cleared waivers. Presumably he was available on Monday when the Jets signed John.

Except Webb was released on Sunday and cleared waivers. Presumably he was available on Monday when the Jets signed John.

I'm sure Webb may have had a few options for PS and was waiting to sign, so the jets signed John in case Webb went elsewhere.

The Arizona Hotshots of the Alliance of American Football (AAF) have drafted John Wolford in the 2nd round of the AAf's "quarterback draft."

DtDlysDXQAI2M1U.jpg:large

I had no idea this even existed. And I live here.

interesting list of coaches in the league

Arizona Hotshots (coached by Rick Neuheisel), Atlanta Legends (Brad Childress), Birmingham Iron (Tim Lewis), Memphis Express (Mike Singletary), Orlando Apollos (Steve Spurrier), Salt Lake Stallions (Dennis Erickson), San Antonio Express (Mike Riley) and San Diego Fleet (Mike Martz)

gym rat vs sitting at desk

Will they pay more than he would make at the bank?

Probably not but later in life he can relish the fact he took advantage of his age and physical abilities to do something he loves. He can always be a banker in a few years; he can't be a qb in a few years. Quite the honor considering how many former college qbs there are. Price got to be paid to live in France as a 23 year old. Nikita is in Canada. You only live once !

Back