• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's the latest on Wolford and the Jets?

I remember Wolford showed up as one of the top college QBs on PFF early in his junior year.

Didn't realize the Chargers had all these Wake connections. They should be a boards favorite when they dump Rivers.

Couldn't find the PFF mention but I did find this:

giphy.gif

I remember Wolford showed up as one of the top college QBs on PFF early in his junior year.

Didn't realize the Chargers had all these Wake connections. They should be a boards favorite when they dump Rivers.

Couldn't find the PFF mention but I did find this:

giphy.gif

This was a top-5 moment of the season. He sliced up their entire defense. Great downfield blocking too.

This was a top-5 moment of the season. He sliced up their entire defense. Great downfield blocking too.

Notice who sprinted downfield to make sure their last defenders didn't have a prayer of getting to Wolford - #85 showing some speed.

Pay attention to #15 Cortez Lewis. He and Wolford are both at the Wake 40 at the same time and Lewis slows down and is seemingly out of the play. Then all of a sudden he emerged at the Elon 20 beside Wolford to help him finish off the play.

Pay attention to #15 Cortez Lewis. He and Wolford are both at the Wake 40 at the same time and Lewis slows down and is seemingly out of the play. Then all of a sudden he emerged at the Elon 20 beside Wolford to help him finish off the play.

Lewis showed up, after Cam had taken #4, the last defender, out of the play. His presence didn't make any difference. He isn't shown as blocking anybody. Cam's block of #4 around the 25 yard line and then keeping him to Wolford's left the remainder of the field gave Wolford the lane down the sideline for the last 25 yards to finish the TD.

Lewis showed up, after Cam had taken #4, the last defender, out of the play. His presence didn't make any difference. He isn't shown as blocking anybody. Cam's block of #4 around the 25 yard line and then keeping him to Wolford's left the remainder of the field gave Wolford the lane down the sideline for the last 25 yards to finish the TD.

Why do you have to be miserable about this? I pointed out Lewis’ hustle on the play. He could have stayed out of the play but he made up a ton of ground to get back into it. I didn’t say Cam’s blocks weren’t more important. Chill out.

Didn’t see any reports on Cam or Wolford. Guess we will find out if they signed for the next camp.

Chargers sign two from rookie camp. Not Wolford. No word if they may be signing more.
https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2018/5/14/17352710/bolts-sign-two-rookie-minicamp

The Jets made a bunch of moves that didn't include Wolford.
https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/...nt-of-roster-moves-following-rookie-minicamp/

The Saints signed a Marshall TE as a FB after minicamp. No word on Serigne.
https://247sports.com/nfl/new-orlea...rachek-after-rookie-minicamp-tryout-118216036

Ugh

Didn’t see any reports on Cam or Wolford. Guess we will find out if they signed for the next camp.

Josh Okonye was offered (and signed) and UDFA contract with the Lions following their camp.

Don't know the latest for Wolford regarding the Jets but interesting news today with them trading Hackenberg.

"We had one too many (quarterbacks) to get all of them reps," Bowles said. "We just want to go with the three quarterbacks we have and let these guys battle it out."

Referring to McCown, Bridgewater, and Darnold but I wouldn't be surprised if Bridgewater gets cut before the season begins.

I think it was a 7th rounder, so close to kindling.

Nony, why do you think they'll cut Bridgewater? Just wanting to go with 2 QBs, salary related, health?

I think it was a 7th rounder, so close to kindling.

Nony, why do you think they'll cut Bridgewater? Just wanting to go with 2 QBs, salary related, health?

If they carry a 3rd QB, it won't be all three of those. McCown probably has an edge on Bridgewater.

Bridgewater was always the low-risk offseason signing, before they were sure they'd even get a QB in the draft. They can cut him before the season and it'll only cost them $500k (or keep him for $6M).

McCown is guaranteed $10M this year and is a far better fit as a mentor to Darnold and a back-up QB given his health and knowledge of the system.

They technically could keep all three but what's the point in that when you have your QB of the future and a fine stop gap in McCown (+ he'd be one of the league's top backup QBs).

Back