• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's the latest on Wolford and the Jets?

Was a tough spot -- obviously he had some familiarity with the team but not easy to come in and play right away like he did yesterday

Practice Squad is a tough gig. Maybe Chargers show interest again. Tough news day for Wake Football.

Last edited:
Cardale Jones. His star burned so bright for that three game stretch during the 2014 season:

- Third on the tOSU QB depth chart, Jones gets the starting nod for the 2014 "post-season" after JT Barrett suffered a season-ending injury in the regular season finale against Michigan
- Big 10 Championship Game: 59-0 over Wisconsin
- FBS Semi-final: 42-35 over Bama (think about hanging 42 on Bama)
- FBS Title Game: 42-20 over Oregon

The next year, JT Barrett gets his job back and Cardale has been just another guy ever since. Sports.

Just more evidence of the type of organization the Jets are-- not sure I would want to play for them. Wonder how much Jon gets for 1 day under contract??

They needed a QB on their practice squad and want the best one they can get. Webb was apparently set up to be the backup/heir to Eli's position for the immediate future before they cut him. Not sure that this really reflects poorly on the Jets, they took the opportunity to upgrade the position and did so.

Attrition is a fact in the NFL. Those on the fringe of a spot on the practice roster usually end up getting picked up at some point as players inevitably go on the IR for the season.

Well, our interest here is John, not the Jets. I for one don't like how they did him. It may be business, but I don't have to like it.

You mean how they did exactly what they said they were going to do all along?

Back