• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NORTH KOREA and TRUMP

And Trump trusts them more than Iran?

No, which is why Trump's been saying we'll walk away if the talks don't go well. I'm not very optimistic about a deal, but they could surprise me.

Worst case scenario right now I guess is Kim gets a photo with Trump, 3 detainees were returned to the US, a symbolic denuclearization document was signed by NK & SK, and current sanctions, etc., remain. What NK & SK want to do about denuclearization without the US remains to be seen if it goes that way.

He'll never get what we had Iran.

Remember#3 was, iran will NEVER create a nuclear weapon. Can't do better than never. Plus, NK will always have the technology, expertise and ability a working nuke.

The worst deal in my lifetime was Trump leaving the successful Iran deal.

Trump is the one who didn't live up to our word or honor.

I think Russia wants Trump re-elected so they told NK it was time to play nice.

God Bless Donald J Trump and fuck the nay sayers..Amen

Somebody get Lectro some knee pads and a wash cloth .

He'll never get what we had Iran.

Remember#3 was, iran will NEVER create a nuclear weapon. Can't do better than never. Plus, NK will always have the technology, expertise and ability a working nuke.

The worst deal in my lifetime was Trump leaving the successful Iran deal.

Trump is the one who didn't live up to our word or honor.

Take the stuff about Iran to the thread about the Iran deal, no need to hijack this one. Regarding NK, I already said that I'm sure that issue wiil be discussed at length next month.

I also hope that any deal, if reached, goes to the senate and there's enough support to get a treaty out of this so we don't dave to deal with this kind of crap again.

If it even gets to that point, I realize there's less than a snowball's chance, but that's what I'd like to see happen.

Last edited:
So it looks like North Korea was forced to give up its nuclear program yet we are giving them everything they want to encourage them to give up their nuclear program.

I personally would rather we rebuild North Korea like we did Germany and Japan, rather than NK nuking California. But I am biased I guess since Rivers is in LA

fuck yeah baby. we got this whole nation rebuilding thing down pat.

I personally would rather we rebuild North Korea like we did Germany and Japan, rather than NK nuking California. But I am biased I guess since Rivers is in LA

He's not going to nuke CA. Well, at least, he's not going to nuke SoCal. His best friend in the world lives here, Dennis Rodman.

I live about 8-12 miles from him and couldn't feel much safer.

Kim is not going to allow reunification. If we give them hundreds of billions to rebuild their country, Trump will be reinforcing and empowering the brutality of the regime.

Trump has already given out of control, ruthless dictators a path to fixing their nations.

This is the most desperate spin I have ever seen. I think it’s still a big “if” that we’ll really get NK to lay down their arms. If we do though, it will be a tremendous accomplishment. No way to spin that

Succumbing to nuclear blackmail to spend billions of dollars to prop up the world's most repressive regime seems like a bad idea to me.

Let's delude ourselves into thinking NK will give up their nukes. Without reunification, taking their nukes would like having a meth cooker give you their lab and "promise" not to build another one. If you think NK will give us 25% of the access we had in Iran for inspections, a leprechaun will be delivering your pizza while riding a unicorn and grasping a pot of gold for your dessert.

Even if it gets that far, and that's a big "if," I don't see how reunification is possible, at least not for years or decades.

I can't even imagine a rebuilding effort in a country that has brutal concentration camps with conditions outside of them not being substantially better for the people.

How does Kim continue to lead the country? I recall Hirohito remained in power in Japan because McArthur felt that it would maintain continuity and stability after it lost WW2. I think the circumstances are different here because of the brutality of the Kim family against the people of NK for decades.

Back