• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NORTH KOREA and TRUMP

Yep. I don’t see how we could actively rebuild a country we know so little about.

Even if it gets that far, and that's a big "if," I don't see how reunification is possible, at least not for years or decades.

I can't even imagine a rebuilding effort in a country that has brutal concentration camps with conditions outside of them not being substantially better for the people.

How does Kim continue to lead the country? I recall Hirohito remained in power in Japan because McArthur felt that it would maintain continuity and stability after it lost WW2. I think the circumstances are different here because of the brutality of the Kim family against the people of NK for decades.

Exactly, I can't see Kim giving up power. If we do a major infrastructure or farming rebuild there, Kim will skim enough to be able to restart his nuclear program immediately.

Last edited:
We know so little about the country. The fact finding necessary to rebuild would be a mission in itself.

I'm still confused about how the deal went from something like lifting sanctions in exchange for denuclearization to the US being actively involved in rebuilding NK like we just ended an active war with them.

Did I miss the part where a "fantastic" deal was made and we're moving on to the next phase?

We know so little about the country. The fact finding necessary to rebuild would be a mission in itself.

I think we probably know enough, but taking a country of 20+ million from whatever age it's currently in with regard to infrastructure, technology, etc., and bringing it into the 21st century would be a tremendous challenge. It's hard to even contemplate where to start.

If we are going to start bringing places up to date to the 21st century, we should start with America First.

(Creepy that autocorrect capitalized the F in first.)

If we are going to start bringing places up to date to the 21st century, we should start with America First.

(Creepy that autocorrect capitalized the F in first.)

Are you suggesting that we Make America Great Again?

Exactly, I can't see Kim giving up power. If we do a major infrastructure or farming rebuild there, Kim will skim enough to be able to restart his nuclear program immediately.

What I'm saying I guess is that Kim has to give up power for this thing to work. By saying we left Hirohito in "power," I meant that he was more of a figurehead to keep the masses in check without real decision-making power.

That's why I've been pretty skeptical of this whole thing. If the people of NK experience freedom, how are they not going to want Kim gone immediately or fairly quickly. If they are truly free, he's in exile somewhere.

Am I missing something? Can someone give me an example of a country with nuclear weapons that the US has rebuilt that retained one of the most brutal leaders on the planet?

What I'm saying I guess is that Kim has to give up power for this thing to work. By saying we left Hirohito in "power," I meant that he was more of a figurehead to keep the masses in check without real decision-making power.

That's why I've been pretty skeptical of this whole thing. If the people of NK experience freedom, how are they not going to want Kim gone immediately or fairly quickly. If they are truly free, he's in exile somewhere.

Am I missing something? Can someone give me an example of a country with nuclear weapons that the US has rebuilt that retained one of the most brutal leaders on the planet?

It would be an absolutely bizarre situation, but then again Trump is president so you never know what they will try.

Now if the military exercises are cancelled to bring back the talks, Trump comes off looking like a bitch and Un keeps getting what he wants.

remember that time, when the republicans and ogboards jackoffs were spiking the ball and nominating Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize???

b048794b4e13d951aaae9f39500ec624_400x400.jpeg

That was awesome

Now if the military exercises are cancelled to bring back the talks, Trump comes off looking like a bitch and Un keeps getting what he wants.

but trump was able to secure the release of three nobodies in exchange for [redacted] !

Kim is threatening to pull out of talks unless Trump gives something up before the summit. As Kim accurately says, he's made multiple concessions and has gotten nothing in return. He's playing Trump like a cheap fiddle.

It's almost like Trump really doesn't know how to make deals at all and loses on every one in one way or another and is a complete fraud. Weird

remember that time, when the republicans and ogboards jackoffs were spiking the ball and nominating Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize???

That was awesome

and submitting op-eds to the Winston-Salem Journal about it

Back