• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NORTH KOREA and TRUMP

Kim is threatening to pull out of talks unless Trump gives something up before the summit. As Kim accurately says, he's made multiple concessions and has gotten nothing in return. He's playing Trump like a cheap fiddle.

Just give them Jared Kushner. Or would that count as another gain for the US?

So now we're rooting for the idea that NK will keep its Nukes so we can win some political points on a message board?

So now we're rooting for the idea that NK will keep its Nukes so we can win some political points on a message board?

No, just desperately wishing our president didn’t get owned constantly on the world stage

I've been saying this whole thing doesn't make sense when taken to it's logical conclusion, but I have yet to see how Trump has been owned by Kim up to this point. Not trying to be combative, just looking for some proof here.

Well at this point, Trump and his supporters have staked his foreign policy rep on this meeting and Un just pulled the rug out from under him.

this is what happens when a foreign policy noob accepts a meeting with a dictator without even thinking about it or consulting with his staff. I hope the summit does happen and that NK gets rid of its nukes...that would be awesome. But I just have zero confidence that Trump can get out of his own way long enough to do anything near that substantial. Its a whole hell of lot easier to rip up a deal with a country (and screw that Obama guy) then it is to actually get to yes with a country that has never gotten to yes with anyone in the at least 50 years.

I've been saying this whole thing doesn't make sense when taken to it's logical conclusion, but I have yet to see how Trump has been owned by Kim up to this point. Not trying to be combative, just looking for some proof here.

Israel is a dumpster fire
Relationship with Europe is dumpster fire
Pussed out on trade war with China
Getting rolled by Kim

Well at this point, Trump and his supporters have staked his foreign policy rep on this meeting and Un just pulled the rug out from under him.

Wasn't aware Kim cancelled the meeting, link?

this is what happens when a foreign policy noob accepts a meeting with a dictator without even thinking about it or consulting with his staff. I hope the summit does happen and that NK gets rid of its nukes...that would be awesome. But I just have zero confidence that Trump can get out of his own way long enough to do anything near that substantial. Its a whole hell of lot easier to rip up a deal with a country (and screw that Obama guy) then it is to actually get to yes with a country that has never gotten to yes with anyone in the at least 50 years.

I've already stated that I don't think a deal is gonna happen here, but they could surprise me. At this point, how has Kim owned Trump?

Yes, it was easy to get out of the Iran deal because it was very unpopular 3 years ago. The people didn't like it and Congress didn't like it. If it had enough support, it would have gone through the Senate and Obama could have gotten a treaty out of it. That has nothing to do with this.

Wasn't aware Kim cancelled the meeting, link?

I didn’t say it was. They’ve put additional conditions on the meeting that put it at risk. Trump’s people have been crowing about that meeting.

Kim is now saying if the US is expecting a Libyan type of "denuclearization". Kim just said he won't trade his nukes for trade with the US.

I didn’t say it was. They’ve put additional conditions on the meeting that put it at risk. Trump’s people have been crowing about that meeting.

They have been crowing about the meeting and I think that's stupid. Just don't understand the need for everyone to call it some huge foreign policy failure before the terms of the meeting have even been set.

Kim is now saying if the US is expecting a Libyan type of "denuclearization". Kim just said he won't trade his nukes for trade with the US.

We were going back and forth about this exact thing on page 1 of this thread. Weird.

Back