• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Beach near Wilmington

I love BHI - I go to the beach to relax and chill (and fish a little), so it's perfect for me. It's not for everyone, though, and if you're the type that likes a lot of entertainment options you're going to be disappointed. I personally love the fact that it's a little inaccessible, but that's certainly a factor also. The biggest reason I suggested EI over BHI in this case was cost - if you are trying to rent a large house on the beach with lots of bedrooms and amenities, BHI is going to be much, much more expensive. Plus there just isn't a comparable volume of rental inventory on BHI so your options are limited to start with.

I'm actually not convinced this is true, after staying there the last few summers for a week and then looking at similar beachfront houses at places like topsail/WB/ocean isle for this summer.

The ferry isn't too bad/is kind of part of the experience. You just pack a bunch of shit in a few giant containers+coolers if you're driving, and just unload it at the terminal and they'll get it over there for you, load it up on carts and take you to your rental (you do need to book arrival and departure trams well in advance, especially the latter IMO).

I remember really liking EI though when I went on a vacation w/ the family there, though it's been at least 15 years since that trip.

We're trying a big family vacation at surf city/topsail island this summer, which I'm not looking forward to as much as the more remote/chiller BHI vibes but hoping it'll still be nice.

The ferry isn't too bad/is kind of part of the experience. You just pack a bunch of shit in a few giant containers+coolers if you're driving, and just unload it at the terminal and they'll get it over there for you, load it up on carts and take you to your rental (you do need to book arrival and departure trams well in advance, especially the latter IMO).

I remember really liking EI though when I went on a vacation w/ the family there, though it's been at least 15 years since that trip.

We're trying a big family vacation at surf city/topsail island this summer, which I'm not looking forward to as much as the more remote/chiller BHI vibes but hoping it'll still be nice.

We went to Topsail a couple summers ago and we really dug it. It's not as laid back as BHI but it's a far cry from Myrtle too.

Depending on what part you go to Topsail can be pretty laid back. The far south area of the island doesn’t have much of anything commercial.

Depending on what part you go to Topsail can be pretty laid back. The far south area of the island doesn’t have much of anything commercial.

Ha, yeah, we are much closer to surf city/the busy part unfortunately. If anyone knows of any good restuarants in that area though hmu.

Ha, yeah, we are much closer to surf city/the busy part unfortunately. If anyone knows of any good restuarants in that area though hmu.

Shaka Taco is the tits

Further south but Beach Shop really good too.

SHAKA ! SHAKA ! SHAKA ! SHAKA ! SHAKA ! SHAKA ! SHAKA ! SHAKA ! SHAKA ! SHAKA !

bmoney FUCKED Shaka Tacos

LAIR. That info came from someone who has known SHAKA TACO's agent for many, many years and knows SHAKA TACO. So far everything he has said has been true. We had SHAKA TACOS, but bmoney FUCKED it. The part of the deal was giving SHAKA TACO's wife full lifeguard position. She is graduated from Harvard AND Northwestern. Bmoney reneged on promise at last minute thinking SHAKA TACO would take money anyway. The insult was too great. In addition to fuck up with his wife, SHAKA TACO wasn't all that happy to have to come in and feed losers for 2-3 years, but would have tried. Bmoney really FUCKED that one up. Bmoney FUCKING SHAKA TACO was AMOST bad as classless orca-fat internet douches like ChrisL who ATTACKED SHAKA TACO's wife for pages and pages and pages. We really do have group of posters who have proven to be Hall of Fame douches. Surf City was dream location for SHAKA TACO. It's EVERYTHING had wanted for years. It was small, quality, , community, that he and his family could be a part of and top tacos.

About 2005

Stopped in the Duck/Corolla welcome center (Corolla Welcome Center) and grabbed brochure.

Saw wild horses on the cover, drove to the beach, excited to see the horses.

Let a lot of air out of my tires, to drive on the beach.

Drove on beach, and had fun, but noticed a TON of trash, almost like folks were hanging out on the beach at night doing bonfires. Then leaving EVERYTHING on the beach. For a solid mile plus down the beach.

Saw plenty of Pennzoil container, plastics, all sorts of shit all over the beach, near the sand dunes. Thought "where are we, freaking Newark, New Jersey?"

Ironically, within 20 yards of actual wild horses. Burned an image in my brain - sad.

Duck/Corolla - trash dump.

Bucket list - retire - go to work for Corolla Welcome Center - start a volunteer trash pickup effort or similar.

Back