• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our new normal of douchey political incorrectness

i, for one, am super impressed at how little mdmh cares about the death of John McCain

not sure how being an atheist means you stop empathizing with the death of another person
me either
When people die whom you don't respect, or considered "bad" I doubt that you're so respectful and considerate. In this scenario, who am I empathizing with? McCain? Exactly how do my feelings for him affect his life?

i, for one, am super impressed at how little mdmh cares about the death of John McCain
I merely provided my opinion on his political legacy. Somehow that got twisted into me disrespecting a dying man.

Maybe it's my adult shift to atheism, but the death of an old man doesnt move me at all. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. He lived a long life as a rich and privileged white American celebrity, I have no pity for him. His family and friends can celebrate and mourn him - my only connection to him is through his work as a representative, and on the whole I resent his choices and actions.

ok

I don't feel bad for an old guy with and excruciatingly painful and deadly brain tumor because he was rich and I don't agree with his politics.

Is that what you're trying to say ? Because it's what you said.

BTW, he's 81 years old, not 101.

I don't get how you guys could get this twisted. MDMH said NOTHING that could be remotely misconstrued as disrespectful to John McCain. McCain lived a life that MDMH didn't agree with so naturally this is the only way to view is impending painful death. You guys are such dicks and just don't understand.

And? He's earned no additional reverence from me just for dying. Everybody dies. 37 Palestinians were killed this morning for protesting in Gaza. At least McCain got to live a long fulfilling life in comfort. He could have gone out like this champion - Fadi Abu Saleh
1bab786f63673ded8ffc5695eae764dd.jpg

I don't feel bad for an old guy with and excruciatingly painful and deadly brain tumor because he was rich and I don't agree with his politics.

Is that what you're trying to say ? Because it's what you said.

BTW, he's 81 years old, not 101.
One of my grandpas died of pancreatic cancer at 61, another died on the operating table at 68. We all have relatives and friends who have died in painful ways. Some people posting on this board have survived cancer and disease. Where are their threads? Where is the faux concern for all the other people in the world suffering whom you only know about tangentially?

this isn't about posting threads on every dying person, it's about you coming here to loudly proclaim, repeatedly, how little shit you give despite no one asking

At least we're getting to see the thread title acted out in somewhat real time.

this isn't about posting threads on every dying person, it's about you coming here to loudly proclaim, repeatedly, how little shit you give despite no one asking
I came here to take the shit out of that terrible Chris Cizilla article that was posted, and comment on the ridiculous revision of John McCains "political legacy" among liberals, as if his dying changed his history as a neocon.

Excited to come back to this board when everyone is praising GWB's legacy when he dies. Or Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Henry Kissenger. All will be saluted as great men in their time.

Back