• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our new normal of douchey political incorrectness

Excited to come back to this board when everyone is praising GWB's legacy when he dies. Or Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Henry Kissenger. All will be saluted as great men in their time.

who knew that MDMH was the actual Saint Peter?

Nah. Just another biblical reference.

I came here to take the shit out of that terrible Chris Cizilla article that was posted, and comment on the ridiculous revision of John McCains "political legacy" among liberals, as if his dying changed his history as a neocon.

Which liberals are revising his legacy?

Excited to come back to this board when everyone is praising GWB's legacy when he dies. Or Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Henry Kissenger. All will be saluted as great men in their time.

i will feel empathy for their kids and grandkids. you dick.

i will feel empathy for their kids and grandkids. you dick.
Give yourself a pat on the back. It takes such a big person to type that. What kind of heartless monster must I be to not give my OGBoards condolences to the McCain family. Do you clap at movies too?

Give yourself a pat on the back. It takes such a big person to type that. What kind of heartless monster must I be to not give my OGBoards condolences to the McCain family. Do you clap at movies too?

You don't have to publicly express your condolences but it's not hard to avoid being a dick about it either. Do you remember the tenured professor who shot off her mouth when Barbara Bush died and caught a ton of flack about it ? That's what's happening here.

You don't have to publicly express your condolences but it's not hard to avoid being a dick about it either. Do you remember the tenured professor who shot off her mouth when Barbara Bush died and caught a ton of flack about it ? That's what's happening here.
Yeah, I remember a bunch of red faced true Americans getting pissed. It was very funny. I'm just honestly not interested in decorum policing. I like to pick and choose things that I care about, and reverence for old politicians dying of relatively natural causes isnt something I care about. I doubt most of the people bitching at me on this thread have ever been equally outraged about John McCains legislative decisions

I'm going to follow MDMH's lead and loudly proclaim how I will feel about another OWG death. When Trump goes, I am going to celebrate it like it's a national holiday, take the day off, etc. -- actually, I will probably treat it like Cinco de Mayo: day drink margaritas, make some home-made guacamole, you know the drill.

Yeah, I remember a bunch of red faced true Americans getting pissed. It was very funny. I'm just honestly not interested in decorum policing. I like to pick and choose things that I care about, and reverence for old politicians dying of relatively natural causes isnt something I care about. I doubt most of the people bitching at me on this thread have ever been equally outraged about John McCains legislative decisions

no one is being reverent, they're just not going out of their way to tell everyone they don't care about a guy dying

no one is being reverent, they're just not going out of their way to tell everyone they don't care about a guy dying
I've got like 20k posts, so this really isnt out of my way. Also, as i've stated - my first post on this thread was to comment on the Cillizza article about John McCain's political legacy, because Cillizza is a fucking hack, he's the buzzfeed of pundits. Every post since has been a response.

I am siding with MDMH here, John McCain has lived a long life as an American hero and will die as one. However there is no need to feel bad about old people diying, much worse things happen on a daily basis to feel bad about than an old man passing away after a tremendous life.

Having said the MDMH can suck a big ole bag of dicks for disrespecting the man. It isn't surprising to me that someone that has gone on to a underwhelming career at the local tmobile can't think passed tribal politics.

Last edited:
Yeah there's no reason to feel bad about old people dying, but bringing it up callously as a political calculus in such a manner is distasteful. People can say whatever they want, but making these remarks just makes you an asshole.

Won't somebody please think of the children?

Never mind - we're leaving Barron out of the political discussion.

Back