• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jerusalem Embassy Opening Going Well

wait you think they're protesting violently to create more casualties for themselves?

Martyrdom has long been an effective tool in gaining sympathy for a cause while at the same time hurting the perception of your opponent.

Israel is handling this situation terribly.

Sorry, I wasn't being clear I guess. I meant that they have the weaponry to make the number of casuaties on both sides more even but are not using that weaponry. I'm not saying it would be a good idea to do so or anything of the sort, just saying they could.

I was not saying that a substantial power imbalance doesn't exist, because it obviously does.

ETA: regarding peaceful protesters, there's like 35-40,000 people protesting. That's difficult to manage if everybody was protesting peacefully.

There were no casualties on the Israeli side. The protesters were nowhere near them. The Israeli Army could have watched and done nothing.

Sure it’s tough to manage everyone. That’s why I said most were peacefully protesting and not all.

32729025_2433007993376831_9110735033458491392_n.jpg

Back