• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

China reason for thousands of lost US jobs in 2000s

Trump tweets about correcting the tragic loss of Chinese jobs due to American sanctions

#MAGA

I guess this goes here?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-china-zte_us_5af9f701e4b0200bcab7fa66

WASHINGTON – A mere 72 hours after the Chinese government agreed to put a half-billion dollars into an Indonesian project that will personally enrich Donald Trump, the president ordered a bailout for a Chinese-government-owned cellphone maker.

“President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast,” Trump announced on Twitter Sunday morning. “Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!”

Trump did not mention in that tweet or its follow-ups that on Thursday, the developer of a theme park resort outside of Jakarta had signed a deal to receive as much as $500 million in Chinese government loans, as well as another $500 million from Chinese banks. Trump’s family business, the Trump Organization, has a deal to license the Trump name to the resort, which includes a golf course and hotels.

Why would anyone care about loans? If they were below market or forgiven, then yeah. Otherwise , it's either fake news or shitty news.

I thought the problem was too high taxes, too much regulation, and a lack of import tariffs.

How is any of that China’s fault?

Why would anyone care about loans? If they were below market or forgiven, then yeah. Otherwise , it's either fake news or shitty news.
No it's actual news. You're just a shity troll

The fact that the Chinese government would pour massive capital into an Indonesian Trump connected property at the same time that Trump is trying to prop up a Chinese cell phone maker (I thought China was taking advantage of us?) is news.

Last edited:
It's the Huffington Post. What did you expect?

How about National Review?

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/china-contributing-500-million-trump-linked-project-indonesia/

Though negotiations began prior to Trump’s election and his pledge to cease engaging in new business dealings with foreign governments, the project raises questions about the extent to which the Trump organization is dependent on Beijing amid contentious trade negotiations with the U.S.

“Even if this deal is completely and entirely above board, it simply furthers the perception of impropriety” surrounding Trump’s business dealings, Christopher Balding, an economics professor at Shenzhen’s HSBC Business School, told AFP. “Especially with the potential trade war, this is not a good look….Critics will be entirely right to demand answers.”

Back