• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC proposes expanding the NCAA tournament and other rules changes

Must be tired of 'Cuse being on the bubble every year.

Now Wake can be one of the THREE teams from the ACC that don't make the tournament, instead of one of the five!

I’d suggest that new early round should be called the Manning Invitational, but I don’t think we’ll even be close to that.

Field needs to drop by 4 teams, not expand by 4.

Expanding the field makes the conference tournaments, and to some degree, the regular season meaningless.

Funny how they put teams in pods (ad hoc conferences) to save on travel expense.

In a world where tv rights exploded and are starting to cause real money issues for tv outlets the acc think they can expand revenue by adding more teams? There can't be more tv money.

So if you want to cut the field to 44, as your FIFY would require, are you proposing dumping some conference champions (currently 32 teams get automatic bids) or cutting the number of at large teams to 12?

I'm in favor of adopting a BCS type system. Use KenPom to pick the top two teams for a national title game and then have bowl games.

Back