• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

POLL SKEW: Wake Forest TBT Team (ENDS FRIDAY!)

Reaction score
Hello all. Apologies for another post on The Basketball Tournament (TBT) but I felt that this was important enough to create an account.

A group of Wake Forest Basketball Alumni, led by LD Williams, are getting together this Summer to play in TBT which is televised on ESPN. The winning team gets $2 Million. Here's the kicker - in order to get in, fans have to vote the team into the tournament. The winning team's fans then get a cut of the prize money as well.

The top 8 teams in each region get in. Up until now, we've had a very strong showing but things are starting to get TIGHT as other teams are coming on strong. We're still in fourth place as of this post. We have until June 1 to keep our place.

Please consider creating an account and taking 20 seconds to vote for 'Wake The Nation'
LINK: https://thetournament.com/teams/wake-nation-wake-forest-alumni

Thanks, & Go Deacs!

Last edited:
Do it. I’m out of people to share it with or I would try to get a few more. Flyers for downtown Winston? DRoss funded?

Well looks like I am in about a 600 way tie for 85th place.

Did i miss the place to vote after registering or is the voting just by registering?

How do I get my 15 points for following @thetournament? I followed the directions and got no points.

I have faith in our team so I want my fan support share!

I’m also confused what it means that we are currently ineligible when a crap ton of teams below us are “eligible”

Well looks like I am in about a 600 way tie for 85th place.

Did i miss the place to vote after registering or is the voting just by registering?

Hmm.. once you click that link there's a big orange button on the top right. Registering from there should have placed your vote. You can improve your rank by earning more fan points. You get more fan points by following TBT, tweeting our your support for Wake The Nation by using the #MYTBTTEAM hashtag, and by recruiting other people to vote. The more points, the more $ you can potentially win.

what does the eligible/ineligible mean and why is Wake ineligible?

To be "eligible" you need 5 players registered online on the TBT site (I think we only have 4 officially right now, but 8 committed to playing). I wouldn't worry about that - some teams always cut it close.

lazydeac said:
How do I get my 15 points for following @thetournament? I followed the directions and got no points.

Hmm.. good question. Tweet at TBT and ask - they're usually good and responding

To be "eligible" you need 5 players registered online on the TBT site (I think we only have 4 officially right now, but 8 committed to playing). I wouldn't worry about that - some teams always cut it close.

Might give people a little more incentive if at least one more player registered so Wake the Nation was listed as "eligible." A little self help...

This would have been a really cool thing for Duncan to be a part of.

So how do we skew this poll in Wake the Nation's favor? What actions will help?

Hmm.. once you click that link there's a big orange button on the top right. Registering from there should have placed your vote. You can improve your rank by earning more fan points. You get more fan points by following TBT, tweeting our your support for Wake The Nation by using the #MYTBTTEAM hashtag, and by recruiting other people to vote. The more points, the more $ you can potentially win.

Hmm.. good question. Tweet at TBT and ask - they're usually good and responding

I think the answer to the last question is you don’t get the points immediately. I believe it took a few hours for me to get points for following their twitter account.

Hello all. Apologies for another post on The Basketball Tournament (TBT) but I felt that this was important enough to create an account.

A group of Wake Forest Basketball Alumni, led by LD Williams, are getting together this Summer to play in TBT which is televised on ESPN. The winning team gets $2 Million. Here's the kicker - in order to get in, fans have to vote the team into the tournament. The winning team's fans then get a cut of the prize money as well.

The top 8 teams in each region get in. Up until now, we've had a very strong showing but things are starting to get TIGHT as other teams are coming on strong. We're still in fourth place as of this post. We have until June 1 to keep our place.

Please consider creating an account and taking 20 seconds to vote for 'Wake The Nation'
LINK: https://thetournament.com/teams/wake-nation-wake-forest-alumni

Thanks, & Go Deacs!

BTTT

When this fails, the past players should blame Wellman. The lack of any excitement around this is directly attributable to the state of our program at current.

Everyone needs to find their inner-Bryan Colangelo and create a burner account or two. I will do a few later today.

I'm assuming this has been shared on the Wake The Nation Facebook group page?

Everyone needs to find their inner-Bryan Colangelo and create a burner account or two. I will do a few later today.

I'm assuming this has been shared on the Wake The Nation Facebook group page?

I just used my old school email and another I used to have that I get too many subscribed emails to.

I was about to ask the same thing about the FB group. I bet they'd get a ton of votes from that (especially if one of the players posted it on the page).

Seriously though, whoever runs the TBT account here should get any of LD, JGray, Big E, or Josh Howard to post that link asking people to sign up on that Facebook page. Has over 1k members.

Back