Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: POLL SKEW: Wake Forest TBT Team (2 WEEKS LEFT!)

  1. #1

    POLL SKEW: Wake Forest TBT Team (2 WEEKS LEFT!)

    Hello all. Apologies for another post on The Basketball Tournament (TBT) but I felt that this was important enough to create an account.

    A group of Wake Forest Basketball Alumni, led by LD Williams, are getting together this Summer to play in TBT which is televised on ESPN. The winning team gets $2 Million. Here's the kicker - in order to get in, fans have to vote the team into the tournament. The winning team's fans then get a cut of the prize money as well.

    The top 8 teams in each region get in. Up until now, we've had a very strong showing but things are starting to get TIGHT as other teams are coming on strong. We're still in fourth place as of this post. We have until June 1 to keep our place.

    Please consider creating an account and taking 20 seconds to vote for 'Wake The Nation'
    LINK: https://thetournament.com/teams/wake...-forest-alumni

    Thanks, & Go Deacs!

  2. #2
    Do it. Iím out of people to share it with or I would try to get a few more. Flyers for downtown Winston? DRoss funded?

  3. #3
    Well looks like I am in about a 600 way tie for 85th place.

    Did i miss the place to vote after registering or is the voting just by registering?

  4. #4
    what does the eligible/ineligible mean and why is Wake ineligible?

  5. #5
    How do I get my 15 points for following @thetournament? I followed the directions and got no points.

    I have faith in our team so I want my fan support share!

    Iím also confused what it means that we are currently ineligible when a crap ton of teams below us are ďeligibleĒ

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Well looks like I am in about a 600 way tie for 85th place.

    Did i miss the place to vote after registering or is the voting just by registering?
    Hmm.. once you click that link there's a big orange button on the top right. Registering from there should have placed your vote. You can improve your rank by earning more fan points. You get more fan points by following TBT, tweeting our your support for Wake The Nation by using the #MYTBTTEAM hashtag, and by recruiting other people to vote. The more points, the more $ you can potentially win.

    Quote Originally Posted by IamThunderbolt View Post
    what does the eligible/ineligible mean and why is Wake ineligible?
    To be "eligible" you need 5 players registered online on the TBT site (I think we only have 4 officially right now, but 8 committed to playing). I wouldn't worry about that - some teams always cut it close.

    Quote Originally Posted by lazydeac
    How do I get my 15 points for following @thetournament? I followed the directions and got no points.
    Hmm.. good question. Tweet at TBT and ask - they're usually good and responding

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeTheNationTBT View Post
    ...
    To be "eligible" you need 5 players registered online on the TBT site (I think we only have 4 officially right now, but 8 committed to playing). I wouldn't worry about that - some teams always cut it close.
    Might give people a little more incentive if at least one more player registered so Wake the Nation was listed as "eligible." A little self help...

  8. #8
    This would have been a really cool thing for Duncan to be a part of.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Might give people a little more incentive if at least one more player registered so Wake the Nation was listed as "eligible." A little self help...
    Thanks - we are working on it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonwolverine View Post
    This would have been a really cool thing for Duncan to be a part of.
    We still have one roster spot open...

  10. #10
    done. we better get in

  11. #11
    So how do we skew this poll in Wake the Nation's favor? What actions will help?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeTheNationTBT View Post
    Hmm.. once you click that link there's a big orange button on the top right. Registering from there should have placed your vote. You can improve your rank by earning more fan points. You get more fan points by following TBT, tweeting our your support for Wake The Nation by using the #MYTBTTEAM hashtag, and by recruiting other people to vote. The more points, the more $ you can potentially win.



    To be "eligible" you need 5 players registered online on the TBT site (I think we only have 4 officially right now, but 8 committed to playing). I wouldn't worry about that - some teams always cut it close.



    Hmm.. good question. Tweet at TBT and ask - they're usually good and responding
    I think the answer to the last question is you donít get the points immediately. I believe it took a few hours for me to get points for following their twitter account.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •