• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NCAA National Tennis Championship Thread

Also awesome that Seraphim got this big W in front of his parents and sisters. They’re in from Germany for the tournament and graduation - first time they’re getting to see him play college tennis live. Really special night for him!

Looks like OSU handled UCLA fairly easily. Still love home court and based on rankings and recent play I would be shocked if we don’t win doubles and then #1 and #2 as Gojo and Petros rolled today against high quality opponents. Torpegaard will be a tough out for Gojo but think Petros rolls. Will come down to one of our bottom 4 needing 1 or 2 points.

Looks like OSU handled UCLA fairly easily. Still love home court and based on rankings and recent play I would be shocked if we don’t win doubles and then #1 and #2 as Gojo and Petros rolled today against high quality opponents. Torpegaard will be a tough out for Gojo but think Petros rolls. Will come down to one of our bottom 4 needing 1 or 2 points.

Hopefully we have normal Bar Botzer back tomorrow. Certainly changes the game when he struggles, which is very rarely. OSUs 6 lost in 2 tonight so maybe another shot for Dirk there.

Think the 4-1 scoreboard is a bit misleading. They won their two doubles matches 7-6, just about every singles match they won was in a 3rd set. And if I remember correctly, that same tOSU team lost 4-1 to UCLA at indoors earlier in the year.

All that said, think it's gonna be a tough match but liking where we stand.

I definitely think Skander bounces back as well as he was going against a top 50 guy today whereas the likely guy he plays tomorrow is 92. Still a tough match, but feel good Skander will get his mojo back.

Just following online thought several times he was going to take control of the third set.

Feel like Petros has as good of a shot as anyone at individual natty. He’s in some kind of groove. He wasted that A&M dude today.

I wouldn’t anticipate Gojo having as easy of a time tomorrow (their #1 beat the #2 overall today) so those bounce backs at 3 and 4 will be key. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a different 5 tomorrow. Perhaps Zlob or Cungu just to have some fresh legs and try something different. That’s our lowest expectation spot.

I wouldn’t anticipate Gojo having as easy of a time tomorrow (their #1 beat the #2 overall today) so those bounce backs at 3 and 4 will be key. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a different 5 tomorrow. Perhaps Zlob or Cungu just to have some fresh legs and try something different. That’s our lowest expectation spot.

Agree about 5. I don't think it will be Zlob, unless we are indoors. I could see Nava or Cungu.

Well I’ll change that to expecting to take 2 of the top 3 singles so just need one from bottom 3 with Petros and Skander as likely Ws. Bar will have a tough match against a top 120 so him bouncing back isn’t so certain as OSU appears to be deep with 4 top 120. Will likely need 5 or 6 to come through again.

Agree about 5. I don't think it will be Zlob, unless we are indoors. I could see Nava or Cungu.

Is it allowed to switch the five without switching the six? I was talking with someone today who said our lineup’s 5 & 6 were listed as Nava and Gadjiev, respectively. He said we were stuck with Gadjiev at the five because if we were to move Nava back into the five spot we’d have to slot Gadjiev at the six? I’m unsure of the lineup rules for tournament tennis or if they differ from the regular season.

Is it allowed to switch the five without switching the six? I was talking with someone today who said our lineup’s 5 & 6 were listed as Nava and Gadjiev, respectively. He said we were stuck with Gadjiev at the five because if we were to move Nava back into the five spot we’d have to slot Gadjiev at the six? I’m unsure of the lineup rules for tournament tennis or if they differ from the regular season.

Yes, but if Gadjiev is hurt then he can’t play and you can move players up.

Back