• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NCAA National Tennis Championship Thread

I thought one reason that one of Wake's doubles teams was not ranked was because of so many unfinished matches. They were victims of their team mates success.

For sure, and it is absolutely possible, but our 3 spot will be down and dubs is going to take a hit. Skan was a Sr. All American playing in that spot. Skan, Dempster, and Dirk had to be among the top 10 dubs players in the country last year. I'd probably say Skander was the best dubs player in college. Once Dirk was back healthy and playing singles we were much better. My hope is that Banthia can help at 5, and Cungu can play 6.

All good points. And I agree that it's odd to have a dominant tennis team that does not dominate at the 6 singles slot. Usually dominant teams have a player at 6 that wins 95% of their matches. I thought that 6 was clearly our weakness last year, but we were so good at 1-4 that it didn't matter.

I thought one reason that one of Wake's doubles teams was not ranked was because of so many unfinished matches. They were victims of their team mates success.

Well stated. I agree.

Well stated. I agree.

Silly NCAA rule on unfinished dubs matches. Prior to NCAA here were the top Deacs combos ranked

#4 Petros/Skan #19 Demp/Skan #21 Gojo/Skan #35 Petros/Botzer #46 Demp/Dirk No Skan, Demp or Dirk in NCAA's is just crazy IMO

Silly NCAA rule on unfinished dubs matches. Prior to NCAA here were the top Deacs combos ranked

#4 Petros/Skan #19 Demp/Skan #21 Gojo/Skan #35 Petros/Botzer #46 Demp/Dirk No Skan, Demp or Dirk in NCAA's is just crazy IMO

Good point, Skander should have had the chance to go for another doubles championship. It wouldn't take much longer at all to finish out all the doubles matches.

Good point, Skander should have had the chance to go for another doubles championship. It wouldn't take much longer at all to finish out all the doubles matches.

Any word on Gojo and Siddanthi?

The Wake site shows Gojo on the roster. Didn't see the other name.

Can someone update the thread to 2019 Defending National Champion Tennis Thread!!

Back