• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NCAA National Tennis Championship Thread

images

Looks like could be thunder showers for an hour and then mostly cloudy until 7 tonight. How long will they wait until they take it indoors???

I guess the positive side is that the A&M players in the last 3 matches get discouraged when they realize their top 3 players are getting waxed after 1 set???

Once a match is started on one surface, they will try extremely hard to keep the match on that surface. So, it would take a lot to move indoors.

I’m no meteorologist but I’m confident we’re going to be playing again shortly.

Damn, guys, I thought this shit started at 4EST for some reason. Glad to see we started out strong. Let's come out swinging after this delay!

Literally just a few raindrops on my windshield. Thunder rolling pretty good tho.

I work a 1/2 mile from campus and am not seeing an rain. Some gnarly clouds though

courts are clearly wet and weather is saying thunder showers until 6ish. Unfortunately back to 30% thunder showers @ 7 and 10, but just cloudy @ 8 and 9. So who knows how this is going to play out.

Nope. Weather is like this everywhere. Last year the mens finals was played indoors in Athens.

I was talking to one of the support staff from UCLA yesterday and he was saying that they tried to get the tournament but one of the requirements was needing indoor courts. They don't have them there.

Also this is the last year where the final 16 teams play together. Next year will be a "super regional" format to whittle it to 8 teams who will then get together.

Looks like folks headin out to squeegee the courts. Good sign.

Back